Chapter 10

Chris

I looked for Aleia everywhere, the fields, the beach, the woods, our private rock, our spot, in the house, and everywhere else. I put my head on my steering wheel and started to cry. Why? Why God did this have to happen? I looked at my phone to see messages from people saying that they couldn't find her. I just cried even more after that. Baby where are you?

Aleia

I laid down in the family boat and everything raced back and forth in my mind. All this time, I been living with a bunch of lies. Everyone that's in my life is a lie. My mother isn't my mother, my dad isn't my dad, my brothers aren't my brothers, and my aunt isn't my aunt she's my mother. I saw my phone buzzing on the crate right beside me and looked at it to see.....Au- noo mo- no........Tamar call me. I answered the phone.

Aleia: Yes?

Tamar: -breathes out of relief- Baby where are you?

Aleia: Why do you wanna know?

Tamar: Because, everyone is looking for you, especially Chris.

Aleia: Look just stay away from me.

Tamar: Baby I know you're upset but, your fiance is worried sick about you. Please tell me where you are.

Aleia: Fine. I'm at the docks in the family boat.

Tamar: Thank you. Stay there.

Aleia: No problem.

Tamar: *gets in her car and drives there* Aleia?

Aleia: *gets up and looks at her*

Tamar: Baby can we please talk?

Aleia: What is there to talk about?

Tamar: The truth.

Aleia: Well tell me.

Tamar: Me and Vince were together and....we were at least 15 at this time. We had sex not knowing what we were doing and I got pregnant. When you were born, me and him couldn't really take care of you, so your grandmother took you from me and sent me off to boarding school. She gave you to Taraji, who is alot older than me, and she been taking care of you ever since.

Aleia: So why didn't y'all just tell me sooner.

Tamar: It was never the right time to tell you. I'm sorry honey.

Aleia: I'm sorry too.

Tamar: *hugs me*

Aleia: *hugs back*

Short ik but, the next one is looonggg