begin again

chapter one

In which it starts again...
------------

Misaki huffed staring down at the crumpled body of her opponent.

No one likes her here, or rather many enjoyed picking fights while others watched on silently.

The newest, was a stupid as the last, groaned. It was a boy by the name of Daisuke. They never learn Misaki thought dryly.

He pulled himself up glaring at her.

It wasn't like he hadn't gotten in a few good hits, but she had what this buffoon hadn't, experience.

Well practiced in the art of not getting beaten up, at one point she had learned to not only dodge and run, but also to hit back. And she didn't do the whimsy little punches they tried. No. Misaki held nothing back, she was known for this.

Maybe, someone somewhere would claim fighting was an outlet, but she really didn't give a damn.

Her thoughts were interrupted by the pathetic boy in front of her.

"Misaki- you...you...!" He gasped out, struggling to find the correct insult.

She smirked (she never smiled) and drawled out a sarcastic "Bitch? How about 'monster'? Oh, I know! How about bully!?" She said this was a fake glee, throwing his previous words at him.

Face flushed with anger and humiliation the boy swore"I'll get you for this!"

Seeing he was no longer a threat the girl gave no more response and instead choose to walk back to the orphanage.

The other teens who had watched the fight, parted like the red Sea. Too afraid to say anything after the brutal beating she had delivered to Daisuke.

It wasn't like she wanted to fight him. She had just learned by doing so it kept them away.

In a sort of ironic way, she had never had proper training in fighting, and in fact sort of loathed violence.

But, in the life of Misaki Yui, this was but another day.

Miwa had just been stopping by to greet the head caregiver of the orphanage she had donated a hefty amount too.

It was a usual thing, the woman was drowning her in gratefulness and smiles.

The woman just wanted to get back to her husband. Ah! Rin-kun! Wait for me, my hunny!

She blushed at thought of her adventurous husband. After this they were off to Italy!

The woman who had been showing her around stopped mid - sentence. "Oh my!" She gasped.

Miwa's own thoughts halted and she followed the woman's horrified gaze.

"Oh not again...not now!" The woman muttered.

Walking up to the orphanage was a girl. Miwa Asahina took one look at the moody, angry female covered in scratches and mud and knew she had just found a new daughter.

Dark hair stuck to her face and her eyes were an mist of mysterious gray. Neither tall nor short, she had a average looking body type. A dark bruise was on the girls face, a sign of a fight.

How lonely... The mother of thirteen thought.

She couldn't happen but think of Louis, and his sad two year old self.

"I-I'm sorry Asahina-sama!" The woman cried quickly moving to block her view of the girl. "Please excuse her, she's a real troublemaker. Shall we continue?" The woman said nervously.