Chapter 14

Elisabeth Harnois plays Dominique Weasley.

The list was becoming harder and harder by the second, as Scorpius was now needing to come up with a song, as you already know. He had, so far,

My Rose is a flower that I love.

My Rose is a flower that I need.

If only I could have her,

I would be the happiest I could ever be.

He needed more, however, as the song had to be at least eight lines long. He needed lots of inspiration, so decided to put that on hold for now and continue the list. The list said he had to make Rose something. He didn't know what. It could be anything. Scorpius thought deeply about it then decided to make her a homework book. All she had to do was write in it what her homework was then tick when she had finished it. However, he would charm it so that no one else could write in it and only she could see the writing. This was simple magic and he got to work straight away, grabbing all the supplies and doing it. He was completely done by the end of the day and passed Rose the diary over dinner. She was delighted and crossed it off, then took it straight to her dormitory to put i safely away. Scorpius went straight back to writing his song.

So far he had a second verse but did not think it was good enough.

My Rose is the best.

My Rose is the greatest.

If only I could get her.

I'd be the luckiest guy in the world.

He needed it to flow. He decided he would use a rhyming spell to help him. After that, he ended up with;

My Rose is the best.

I feel so blessed

To be by her side

for most of the time.

But it still didn't sound right. He needed to work harder but at the minute he was too tired, so he drifted off to sleep.

That night, he woke up at 2 am, then couldn't get back to sleep. He tried everything but it just wasn't possible. So, he got out of bed, trying not to wake the others up, and got the song he had been trying to write. He worked on it for the next few hours and by morning it was perfect.

My Rose is a flower that I love.

My Rose is a flower that I need.

If only I could have her,

I would be the happiest I could ever be.

My Rose is the best.

I feel so blessed

to be able to know her.

It's not contest.

He was very tired by morning, but couldn't wait to sing the song to Rose. He ran straight to her. When he found her, he went straight over to her and told her, excitedly, and told her he had finished the song, but as she looked up, Scorpius could tell she had been crying. He jumped down on his knees and put his hand around her shoulders.

"Rose, what's up?" Scorpius gently asked. Rose burst into tears once again, putting her head on his shoulder. Scorpius patted her back, calming her down, before finally Rose calmed down enough to tell him what's going on.

"M-m-my dog died, y-y-yesterday. She wasn't even very old, only 10. She had cancer. I loved her, but because I came here, I hardly saw her. I should of been there with her for the end of her life, and more when she was alive."

"Rose, its not your fault. You have to live your life, and you couldn't of been there all the time." Scorpius comforts her. They sit there in silence, until Rose calmly tells Scorpius her news.

"Scorpius, I'm thinking about going home. For good. I miss my family and I am never there for anything. I miss out on everything." Rose told Scorpius, quietly and slowly. Scorpius looked at her in shock, not knowing how to respond.

"You can't leave Rose. This is your education. You have so much potential and you can't throw that away because you are home sick. Rose," Scorpius took Rose by the shoulders at this point, "I won't let you."

Rose looked him straight in his eyes, then burst into tears once again. At the sound of her newly refreshed tears, Clemence came running over. She glared at Scorpius, before hugging her and shushing her, trying to make her feel better. Scorpius, feeling uncomfortable, left and went to finish the next thing on the list. Make a song about their time together.

By the next day, Rose was much happier, although still a bit subdued. She was happy to listen to his song and then ticked it off her list. Scorpius was also nearly ready to sing the second song. He just needed more time. In the mean time, he was going to do number 20. For this, he needed to eat a very spicy pepper. This was easy. Scorpius went down to the kitchens and tickled the pear, before being greeted by many house elves. He declined all there food and asked for a spicy pepper. They immediately got it for him, and he ran off too Rose again. He found Rose in the library, reading and doing homework. He walked over to her, slowly and discreetly, before saying boo quietly in her ear. She jumped high and then yelled at him for the next two minutes. When she was half way through her rant, Scorpius put the pepper in his mouth and chewed, nearly screaming from how spicy it was.

After this, he walked out of the library with a smug look on his face, leaving Rose shocked. As Scorpius walked through the door, he turned around and saw Rose tick it off her list. 19 down, 81 to go. It will probably not be done by the end of this year.

Scorpius sat in his dorm, by the window, staring into space. He was thinking about everything. About his parents, his grandparents, but especially about Rose. He thought about how he had hurt her and how he would do anything to get her back. He would definitely finish this list, even if he is still doing it when he is 80.

So I have written more for you people and I hope you enjoy. PLEASE READ. I am not sure how many of you read the bit about the comment competition but it is on the last chapter so please go read.