Chapter 5: Interviews and Pie

AN: Thank you to everyone that has read this book. You guys are truly amazing. There would be no point in books, if people weren't there to read them.  

Henley knocked on the Winchester's hotel door for the fifth time that morning. She had been waiting ten minutes and no one had answered, yet she knew they were home. She could hear muffled voices through the thin door. Henley sighed in annoyance, raising her hand to knock again, when the wooden door swung open. She raised an eyebrow as the waitress from the dinner walked out, high heels in hand and blonde hair tousled. As the door was about to close she stuck her foot in, waiting for the waitress to disappear from sight, and slipped inside. One bed had sheets strewn about the floor, while the other didn't look like it had been slept in. She could hear water running and figured one of them must be in the shower. She relaxed on the untouched bed, turning on the television. She flipped through channels, eventually deciding on a rerun of Doctor Who. As she was half way through the episode, Sam waltzed through the door, a to-go bag hanging from his mouth, and one coffee in each hand. His clothes were rumpled, and his hair was a disheveled mess. She figured he'd slept in the car due to Dean's lady friend. Sam halted as he saw Henley sprawled out on the bed, giving him knowing look. She raised her eyebrow at him, giving him a small smirk. He rolled his eyes, setting the bag down on the dresser, along with one of the coffees.

"Sorry, I didn't get you anything. I didn't know you'd be here." Sam apologized, taking a sip from his coffee, sitting down in one of the green armchairs near the foot of the bed. Henley shrugged, sliding to the edge of the bed, letting her feet dangle.

"It's alright, like you said, your weren't expecting me." she stated, fiddling with her bracelet. Sam nodded, leaning forward, resting his elbows on his knees. 

"So,  we were planning on visiting the people the victims were in a relationship with this afternoon. Do you want to tag along or do you have another lead to follow up on?" he asked, with an inquisitive look on his face. 

"Nope. I've got nothing better to do, so lets get the show on the road." She stood up walking over to the bathroom door where the shower was still running. "Hey, Beauty Queen, would you hurry it up in there, we've got a case to solve." She shouted, banging her fist against the wooden door. As she was about to bang on the door again, it swung open, revealing a shirtless Dean, with a toothbrush hanging out of his mouth. 

He yanked the toothbrush out of his mouth, "Would it kill you to wait five minutes. What kind of teenager is ever on time." He shoved the toothbrush back in his mouth, slamming the door. Henley puffed out a breath of air.

"Well then." She marched back over to the bed, plopping down. 

Sam chuckled, "Dean is not really a morning person."

Henley huffed, "Yeah, I gathered that." She focused her attention back on the television, watching the 11th Doctor ride up the side of a building on his Motorbike. After what seemed like an eternity, Dean emerged from the bathroom, all done up in his FBI suit. As soon as Dean walked out, Sam entered the bathroom, suit in hand. Dean sunk down on the rumpled bed, sliding his shoes on. He looked up at Henley, seeing her entranced by the television. 

"What the hell are you watching?" he asked, standing up, and sitting on the bed next to her. Henley hardly noticed the shift in the bed, as The Doctor and Clara were having a moment. Henley shushed him, noticing the surprised face Dean gave her out of the corner of her eye. Once the episode concluded she shut off the television, turning to face Dean.

"Sorry, it's just...never mind you won't get it. The show was Doctor Who. It's about an alien named The Doctor, who is a Time Lord and he travels through space and time with a companion, and-"