Chapter 46

Your POV

"I just still can't believe I missed the shot!" I moaned as I collapsed on my bed.

"You were close enough, don't stress so much. Let's go to a cafe today, okay?" L comforted.

I sighed, "fine, I suppose" I stood up and put on my black converse.

"Do you know any coffee shops?" I asked L as we Locked our front door.

"There is a cafe not far from here, in fact, it is right....here!" L pointed at the cafe he must've been talking about.

We stopped to check out the cafe. It has a few random advertising posters dotted on the windows and a sign on the door reading: open until 6:00am-11:00pm. I personally think they are reasonably good times.

The little cafe

It's a cute name I suppose, typical I will admit, but it's alright.

Me and L entered the cafe. It was a bit small, but it was cosy. Small tables were scattered around the room and at the front there was a counter. It had different treats near the counter, protected by glass.

There was a man at the counter. He was wearing a uniform. He wore a black, long sleeved shirt with 'the little cafe' stitched in on the top right part of shirt with a name tag too.

'Sam'

Again, a pretty basic name, but I'm not one to judge.

"Hey, can I take your order?" He asked.

"Two cups of tea, (F/F) cake and a strawberry cake please" L ordered for the two of us as 'Sam' nodded.

"You're at table 12, there" he pointed towards our table and began preparing our things.

We sat at table 12.

"There is something odd about this place" I muttered under my breath.

"What do you mean?" L questioned with an emotionless expression.

"I don't know, it's a nice, warm and cute cafe and everything but there is just this.... Eerie feeling to this place. Like something is off" I shivered and ran a hand through my hair.

"I think I know what you mean. I'm suspicious of that waiter though" L admitted.

"Sam?"

"Yeah. He just seems a bit odd, I know that we don't know him yet, but I can just feel it. Like I did with Light" L explained.

I agreed and a few minutes later, Sam was here with our things.

He placed down a tray with two cups of tea and our cake, however, he seemed a bit shaky when he was placing down the tray.

"Hey dude, you okay?" I eyed him as he looked at me expressionless.

"Yeah, why do you ask?" He raised an eyebrow.

"You seem a bit shaky, are you cold or something?" I asked.

"N-no. I just have a sore arm-"

"Do you mind if I check it out? I'm a doctor, I might be able to help" I lied.

"Well actually-"

"She is a really good paramedic, I suggest that you accept her offer" L went along with my words.

Sam sighed. "Fine, come to the back room" Sam gestured his hand to follow him.

"Stacy! Get the counter!" Sam ordered a waitress with blonde her to replace him for a second. She nodded and went off.

Me, L and Sam entered the back room.

"Which arm?" I asked calmly.

"My right arm" he sighed. He rolled up his sleeve, only to reveal a gun-shot wound, whoever bandage up this has done a terrible job.

"This must hurt, do you have a first aid kit?" I asked.

"In that cupboard there" Sam pointed to a high up cupboard and L handed my the first aid kit.

"Thank you L" I thanked as I opened up the first aid kit.

I searched through it, there were not many good disinfectants I must admit. I could use iodine or hydrogen peroxide, but them types of antiseptics aren't made for these types of wounds.

I sighed, "I'm going to have to use benzalkonium chloride wipes, but they won't so much good, but you don't have many antiseptics" I chuckled.

"I'm sorry, benza-what?" Sam stared at me.

"It can be used to disinfect wounds"L explained.

Sam just nodded slowly as I began cleansing the wound with the wipes.

"OW!" Sam kept screaming.

"It can't hurt that much, Jesus....." I muttered.

I binned the wipe and placed Sam's arm under the sink,

"This might be a bit cold" I warned as I turned on the tap.

"OW! Why are you rinsing my arm if you just disinfected it?" Sam screeched.

"Sometimes, certain antiseptics can damage the tissue, so I'm just rinsing it to cleanse it more without damage" I said as I turned of the tap.

I continued helping with his wound, I Bandaged it and gave him some acetaminophen and let him get back to his work.

(If you don't know what acetaminophen is, it's a pain reliever, just thought I would explain)

"Thanks I guess, I will remake you your tea and cake, it's probably went cold now" Sam thanked as he went behind the counter.

"It was no problem, but we are leaving anyway, so you don't have to make our tea again" I stated calmly as me and L walked towards the front door.

"Oh, okay, goodbye then" Sam said goodbye and we parted ways, L had an arm wrapped around my shoulder as we walked back to our house.

"He is defiantly the 'unknown', there is no doubt about it" I mumbled.

"I agree. He has a gunshot on his arm, which is where you shot him, And he seemed a bit cautious too." L said.

"We still need more evidence, and I think we can find more easily" I smiled at L and he kissed my forehead.

"Indeed," L smiled slightly, "I think we can solve this case easily" L chuckled.

"I agree, when we get inside let's investigate, it should be simple enough" I suggested as I unlocked the house door.