Chapter 13

Warning for @Kristinakossowski don't read this chapter until you finish season 2! Everyone else sorry had to say that she just started watching Once a couple weeks ago.

When I woke up it was late in the afternoon. The lost boys were all gone, probably out hunting or something. I walked around camp for a little bit but soon got bored so I sat on a log by the fire pit and let my thoughts consume me.

Where is my family? They should be here by now.

Are they on the way to save me?

Did they even notice I was missing?

What if they were coming but something bad happened?

Do they know I'm gone but just don't care?

That last one hurt to think about.

"Of course they care about you, it's just very hard to get here love." Said the voice that's been bothering me since I first arrived on this bloody island.

"Don't read my thoughts." I said and put my head in my hands.

"And why not?" Peter asked coming into view.

"Because it's invading my privacy."

"But I love messing around in that pretty little head of yours." He said in a whiny voice and I glared at him. Man if only looks could kill.

"Why do you hate me so much love?" He asked sitting next to me on the log.

"Why?? Why do you think? You took me away from my home, my family and my best friend to this horrible island and won't let me leave!" His fists started clenching but he soon relaxed and put them on his knees.

"Hey, look I'm sorry for all of that but I saved you."

"I'd hardly call it saving." I whispered under my breath and he stood up.

"Oh but I did. Megan, I think it's time for me to tell you the truth about why I brought you here." I looked up at him and he was starring at me.

"And why should I believe you?"

"Because I promise I'm telling the truth and I always keep my promises."

I stared at him for about a minute and he sighed.

"It's now or never love the lost boys should be back any minute." He said

"Okay okay, fine." I said just as the boys started coming back with a couple deer and some birds. "But you better not be lying to me."

"Why would I do that?" He said and the green smoke encircled us. When it went away I was sitting on leaves in a small clearing.

"Where are we?" I asked.

"Far enough from the camp so no lost boys would interfere, here let me help you up."

"Oh, okay, thanks." I said as he walked over to me. He took my hands and pulled me up. When I stood up Peter was so close to me I could almost feel his warm breath hitting my face. He was still holding my hands and intertwined our fingers. He was starting at me and he looked like he was confused about something.

"What is it?" I asked.

"It's just, your eyes are beautiful Megan."

"You brought me out here to comment my eyes?" I asked and lifted an eyebrow up at him.

"Well, no but..." He said and started looking around. "Come on, over here." He said, his hands slipping out of my own, and walked over to a weird looking tree. "This is my thinking tree. I come here when I need to-"

"Let me guess, think?" I said and followed him to the odd looking tree. It had no leaves and its bark was pale and there were a ton of branches going all over the place.

"Haha very funny. But yes, I come here when I need to think. Now come on." He said and started to climb the tree. When we got close to the top Peter stopped climbing and sat in a branch. "Before I tell you why I brought you here, you need to know about your past." He said and looked at me.

"But I know my past, I was born in the enchanted forest but I don't remember it, Belle and Rumplestiltskin took care of me and gave me a home and we've been trying to find my parents but haven't found them yet."

"Well do you remember who your parents are?"

"No but I remember one thing. It was late at night and I was walking through the woods. I was following a girl and she led me to a barn. There were three people there, two women and a man and they were talking but I couldn't hear what they were saying.

I moved closer but the girl saw me. She told me to stay hidden and right before she was about to come out into the clearing one of the women shoved her hand into the mans chest and ripped out his heart.

She turned to the other girl and crushed the heart in her face and the man collapsed."

"Is that all?" He said.

"No I think I remember his name."

"And what might that be love?" He asked and put his hands on top of mine.

"His name was Daniel."

So this chapter was kinda short. Whoops. I'll make my next chapter longer! And so sorry I couldn't update during thanksgiving weekend I was so busy🙁 but anyways it was a big surprise when I came back and I had 403 views so thank you for reading! Please comment-vote-follow!

Jessica