Chapter 29

The spell surrounding everyone faded and the dagger Rumple was holding fell to the ground where they stood only moments ago. I instantly fell to my knees, unable to walk as I stared at the spot Peter was just at. I couldn't believe he was really gone, he promised he would never leave me. Someone pulled at my arm but I wouldn't budge, it was like I was cemented into place. I was a statue, only everything on the outside showing while the inside was dark, gloomy and hollow. I couldn't even cry, my mind replaying everything that happened on an endless loop while my heart kept telling me there was no way he was gone.

Eventually the pulling on my arm stopped when they noticed I wasn't going to move. I looked up and noticed everyone was gone and the sun started to set. I grabbed the dagger, stood up and started walking towards the woods. I don't know where I was going but my feet kept walking like they had a mind of their own. Arriving at the base of a big tree I sat down with my back against the rough bark. A shaky breath escaped my lips as memories flashed across my mind.

***

"Who are you? And where are you taking me? And stop calling me love." I was finally able to say.

"Not gonna happen love-" he said "- and we're off to Neverland!" He said.

Neverland? I thought as my eyelids started to get really heavy.

"And I love, am Peter. Peter Pan." He said with a smirk.

***

"Look at me when I'm talking to you I already told you!"

"Make me." I said and realized my mistake. I glanced at Peter and saw a smirk appear on his face. He pushed me against a tree again and held my arms at my side.

"You've got fire. I like fire." He said and moved closer to me, pushing me against the tree more. He stopped when his face was about two inches away from my own. "However you need to learn to control it before it gets you in serious trouble."

***

"Hey why did Peter bring me here?" I asked and he stayed quiet.

"Let's just say he wants something and Pan always gets what he wants."

"Well what does he want?" I asked walking into camp.

"You." He said and walked away to join the group of boys shooting arrows.

***

I closed my eyes to go to sleep when I felt myself getting picked up and I was laid down on the bed.

"Why?" I asked him.

"You'll freeze to death down there and it will be easier to sleep."

I sighed and thought about it. "Fine but this time stay away."

"Not happening love." He said and pulled me closer to him, wrapping his arms around my waist. He moved one of his legs over my own and pulled me as close as possible.

"Mmm. Good night Meg." He whispered into my neck.

I tried squirming away, of course, but he just tightened his arms around me and moved his other leg, so now one of my legs were trapped and he hooked his leg around my other leg.

I accepted defeat and closed my eyes. "Good night, Peter." When I said his name he buried his head into my neck.

***