Chapter 6

"Gold?" I said aloud.

"Yeah." Tris replied, me forgetting she was there. "I heard from Thomas that he joined the Toys when you started hanging out with him and his brothers friends."

"Why though? He seemed really nice."

"Seemed, Mari. People do that. They say one thing and do another. It's just human nature." I looked back into her hazel eyes, glinting with sadness. "I'm sorry Mari.

"Oh!" Tris said aloud. "I'm just remembered. Right before I quit, Gold came over to the group after lunch, asking if he could join. Toy Bonnie asked why and he responded with:

" 'I'm was around that new girl, Mari, and I felt something. Something abnormal. Something...evil.'

"Would he have any reason to say that, Mari?"

I thought for a minute. Would he?

"Well, I never knew my dad, but my mom is like the nicest person ever. I've asked my mom about him, but all she said about him was his name was Vincent."

"Vincent..I've heard that name before...the news I think. Come on, we can look online with my friend Jade. She's really good at looking things up." We started walking out of the gym, but the boys and Cayla stopped me.

"Where are you going, Mari?" Cayla asked.

"Your not leaving, are you?" Ben wondered.

"No," Tris jumped in. "Were going to do some research in the lab. You can come, if you want."

They all agreed, and we headed to the lab.

"Ok, I'm going to ask my friend if she can help us get the laptop set up. You guys should know where it's at." They nodded again, and we left Tris in the cafeteria.

                          ------

We arrived at the lab. We got to a computer that I didn't even know how to power on. Tris then came into the lab with another girl who must be Jade. She was up to Tris's shoulder, with dirty blonde and green hair up to her shoulders. She was kind of skinny and she looked really cute in the light pink dress that went down to her feet.

"This is Jade." Tris said.

"Hello." Jade replied with a smile. "I know, these computers are a nightmare, but I can help." She walked up to the computer, put some things in, and the screen lit up. "Just press and hold the power button when your done, and done forget to close the lid." And with that, she left.

"Ok." Tris said. "Now, let's find your father." She opened the Google icon and typed in the name Vincent. "What is your last name?"

"Durvis." I told her how to spell it and she then pressed enter.

"Ok, let's see..." She trailed off, reading the article provided under the search bar. "Oh...oh my god..."

"What is it?" I asked her nervously.

"You won't like it, but here." She backed away from the laptop, alouing me to see the screen. I read the paragraph aloud:

"Vincent Durvis, who is married to Zoey Durvis, was charged on June 26th with the murder of two children..."

I stopped, not wanting to continue.

"I'll finish it for you." Ben offered. I then hugged him to hid the tears running down my face.

"But later was charged more with a total of five kids missing. Officials think the murders were linked somehow."

Ben stopped, probably finished with the article. I backed away from him, shaking.