Chapter 8

"Ok," I replied with a smile.

"Awesome!" Ben leaned over and kissed me on the lips again, but for longer. He then pulled back and gave him a hug.

I should forget about Gideon. I told myself. Maybe he was pulling a prank on me. Anyways, I'll have Ben by me always, and not like 100 miles away.

Ben then got up and said goodbye, since it was like 7:30. He gave me a hug while kissing the top of my head, then left.

I went to my room to do a little happy dance, then sat down and watched some "One Piece" on my TV (that's right, I watch anime, and I love it! One Piece is my favorite too!).

I heard the front door open, so I figured it was mom, so I stopped the show and went down to greet her.

"Hi mom!" I yelled from the top of my stair case, but didn't get a responce. "Mom?" I started to panic a little.

I didn't lock the door when Ben left! I realized. I need to hind and call Ben!

I quickly looked down over the railing to get a good look of the intruder. He had dark brown hair and blue eyes. His outfit was completely purple and he had a pistol in his right hand.

He looks like my dad from the picture on Google! I started freaking out.

I started to tiptoe to my room and shut the door ever so quietly. I got into my closet and got out my phone to call Ben.

"Please pick up!" I whispered to myself.

"Hello?" I heard his voice and I sighed.

"Ben!" I scream whispered. "Get back to my house! Now!"

"What's wrong? Is something happening?"

"Yes! I forgot to lock the door when you left and now there's an intruder in my house!"

"Oh god!" He started freaking out too. "Did you get a glimpse of it?"

"Yes! He looked like my dad from the Google image!"

"Ok, call the cops, I'll call them too, just wait wherever you are! I'll be there soon!"

"Be careful." I hung up.

I sat in the closet with my knees touching my chin, waiting for Ben, when I heard my bedroom door open.

"Mariia?" The intruder called. "It's daddy! Where are you sweetheart?"

I started quietly hiproventilating, but he didn't seem to hear.

"You, kid!" He called out. I could see through the Crack in my closet door. A kid walked in my room.

It was Gideon.

"Yes Vincent sir?" He addressed my dad.

"Where is she? You said she was here?"

"Yes, she was hanging out with her friends."

"I never thought she would have friends."

"She could've left with one of them."

"No, I checked her mother's work schedule, she comes home in about 20 minutes."

"What will we do when she does get here?"

"We'll find Mariia and take her hostage. Check the room!"

"Yes sir!" With that, Gideon started looking in my room.

I tried scooting back against the wall, but knocked something over, causing both boys to look at the closet.

"AHA!" Vincent shouted. I screamed. "There you are sweety! Daddy's come to take you home!"

"You were in jail!" I shouted in protest. "Where is my mom?"

"Not sure, but she won't be coming home to see MY daughter."

He grabbed my arm and pulled me out of the closet. He covered my mouth and started dragging me out of my room. I looked at Gideon who didn't even look at me. I started flailing again and kicked Vincent in the leg, causing him to let me go.

I ran out of my room and got to the front door when I turned around and looked at Vincent who was able to follow me. He had a very sharp kitchen knife in his hand.

"Don't leave sweety." He said to me. "We're having so much fun."

I started to jiggle the door nob when it opened. It was Ben!

I about hugged him when I felt a sering pain in my stomach. Vincent had stabbed me.

I gasped for breath while doubling over on Ben. I grabbed his shoulder and he pulled the knife out of my back. He threw it at Vincent, but he dodged it. My eyes started closing, but I forced them to stay open longer.

I looked up at Ben who took off his jacket and covered my stomach in it, trying to stop the bleeding.

"You bastard!" He shouted. (Sorry for the language, I'm a PG girl, but I thought of adding a little omph. Don't hate me, this is the last time, I promise!) "Get out of here! The cops are almost here anyway!"

"I'm not leaving without my girl!" He shouted back. "I'm don't care if she's dead, that hack stole her from me after I killed those kids! I haven't seen her since she was 4!"

"To bad! I don't think she wants to live with a killer!"

"She will if she doesn't have any other place to go!"

I could hear the sirens from the cop cars. Ben was able to carefully drag me out of the way. The cops took both Vincent and Gideon into their cars.

I looked back up at Ben with tears in my eyes.

"Don't cry." He whispered to me, whipping a tear from my eye. "It's ok."

"But...it...hurts..." I gasped.

"Oh yeah!" He remembered my stab wound.

A woman came over to us. "It's she ok?" She asked Ben.

"She's hurt." He replied.

"Well, could you carry her to the ambulance car? We can inspect her on the way to the hospital."

"Ok." He picked me up sideways, but I gasped from the pain.

"Don't worry, you'll be ok." He told me, but I started closing my eyes.

My hearing tuned out, but I could see Ben yelling at someone, and I closed my eyes.

                        --------

Hey Fanatics,

Sorry again for the language, I just wanted to show you how mad Ben was.

Anyways, there will be one last chapter, and I'm sorry to say, but it'll be sad, so prepare the tissues!

I'm going to start "Why a Job like This?" after the next chapter is publoshed.

Thanks for sticking around!

See Ya Later,
- MysteriousKyrgy :)