six {Peter's POV}

"I thought you loved larb?" May asked, looking up from her plate. After getting dressed, May took me to our favourite Thai restaurant a few blocks away from our apartment. For the past twenty minutes, I had been absentmindedly moving my food from one side of my plate to the other. "Is it too larby? Not larby enough!" she said, pointing her chopsticks in my direction. I just stared at my plate. "How many times do I have to say larb before you talk to me?" she asked. "You know I larb you." 

I finally looked up. "I'm just stressed about the internship and I'm tired. It's a lot of work." I wished so badly that I could tell her the truth, but her knowing could only put her at risk, and that was a risk I was not willing to take. 

"The Stark Internship," she said, nodding. "I have to tell you, I'm not a fan of that Tony Stark. He's got you distracted all the time and has you in your head."

I chuckled, but I knew she was right. My attention was drawn away by the TV screen behind my aunt. It was showing the camera footage of me and Arya trying to stop the ATM robbery and the explosion of Mister Delmar's shop.

May followed my gaze and saw the news report. "If you spot something like that, you turn around and run the other way," she told me.

I nodded. "Y-Yeah, yeah, of course," I muttered. 

The bell over the door of the restaurant chimed, signalling that someone was entering. I kept my eyes on my food but my curiosity won and I looked up to see who had come in. And of course, it was Arya herself. 

"One second," I muttered to May as I chased after Arya to the counter. "You've got to be kidding me," I told her and she turned around, her eyes widening in surprise. 

"Oh, hey, Peter," she said, taking out her earbuds. "What's up?" 

"What are you doing here?" I asked. 

"Picking up my dinner," she said slowly. She then narrowed her eyes at me. "Wait, did you think I followed you here?" 

"N-No, I just-" 

"Come on, Peter. I've got better things to do than to watch you have dinner with your mom. I'll see you at school," she snapped before taking her food from the counter and heading out the door. 

I sighed, dropping my head in shame. Why did I have to immediately jump to the conclusion that she was following me?

I went back to May and plopped down across from her. "Who was that?" May asked. 

"That was Arya. A girl from school," I replied, not really wanting to have this conversation.

"Arya, huh? You should invite her over for dinner, I want to get to know your friends. I mean, I already know Ned, but you never bring home any other friends," May said. 

"Arya's not a friend," I told her. 

"So she's more than that?" May tried, I just sent her an annoyed glare. She held up her hands in defence. "I'm just asking, I never know with you these days." 

***

"You were here?" Ned asked. We stared at the remains of Mr Delmar's deli that we had passed on our way to school. I hadn't bought a new backpack yet, so I was left with no choice but to carry my pile of books with me. Thank you, superstrength.

"Yeah," I replied softly, only now realising how bad the damage was. I spotted Mr Delmar and one of his sons talking to a police officer. 

"You could've died," Ned said quietly. "Do you lay eggs?" 

"Yes, he does. I've seen him do it, those eggs come popping right out of his-"