twenty-seven {Arya's POV}

(Excuse me, but why does that guy in the GIF look like Tom Holland??)

Breathlessly, I pulled back from the kiss and stared into Peter's eyes. "Wha- What was that?" I whispered.

"I've been an idiot, Arya. I really like you and I think you like me too," he said, his voice steady. 

I pulled him close, resting my forehead against his as I closed my eyes, still catching my breath. "Yeah, you're right." 

He laughed softly. "I did it," he said then, drawing back and holding onto my arms. "I saved him." 

I couldn't help but smile. "I knew you would." 

He grinned shyly, a crimson blush creeping up his neck. He took my hand in his and brought me back to the Vulture, who was unconscious in the sand. He shifted and lifted his head. None of us said anything. Peter leaned his weight into me and I saw him clasp his hand over something on his side. 

"We have to go," I whispered and Peter nodded. He collected a few of the crates surrounding us and webbed the Vulture to them, adding a note for Happy. 

He then wrapped his arm around me and swung us away. He landed on top of the Cyclone at Coney Island. He carefully sat me down before lowering himself beside me. 

"Do you think you'll get your suit back?" I asked, leaning into his side. He wrapped his arm firmly around my shoulders, it was as if he was afraid I would leave again if he would let go. I leaned my head on his shoulder.

"What's wrong with this one?" he asked. 

"It kinda looks like a toasted onesie now." 

He chuckled. "That's what Mr Stark said when he first saw it."

I smiled softly. "Like father like daughter, I suppose." A moment of comfortable silence between us passed, the only sound being the police sirens in the distance and a helicopter flying over our heads. It wouldn't be long until someone found the Vulture. "I missed you too when I was in Seattle," I spoke up. 

"I know," Peter replied, shrugging lightly.

I frowned up at him. "How?" 

"Ned told me." 

"Ned told you?" 

"Yeah, he said that you were ignoring my calls and texts because you wanted me to miss you," he stated. 

I stared at him for a second, unable to hide my amusement. "Oh, my God," I then laughed. 

***

Homecoming and the plane crash were almost three days ago, and I was greatly dreading the Monday that followed. Not only had my injuries not fully healed yet, but I was also going back to school after weeks of absence. To say I was nervous was an understatement.

However, today wasn't only bad things. It was also the first day of school where Peter and I were publicly going to be a couple. We had spent the weekend recovering at home and we had gone out for ice cream on Sunday, talking about everything that had happened in the past few days.

The hallway was crowded, as usual, and I pulled the straps of my backpack tighter around my shoulders as I stepped inside. I spotted Ned and Peter at Peter's locker. 

"Hello, boys," I said with a grin as I walked up to them. 

"Hey," Peter said, pulling me close for a kiss. I smiled contently and felt him do the same.