Her Badass Mate

ISABELLA POV

"Please, you have to give me an extension! I can't possibly pay for that now." I begged the man through the phone.

"I'm sorry Miss but it was due last week and i'm afraid if you don't pay for your monthly rent then we're going to have to kick you out." He informed me, making the tears roll down my cheeks more. They can't take my flat away from me! It's the only thing that i have and it's the only shelter i have.

"Please, don't do this." My voice came out only in a whispered, afraid of what he would reply.

"I'm sorry Miss. Our boss will be there tomorrow at noon for the money. If he does not receive it, you will be kicked out."

"No!" I screamed, not caring that i probably made him deaf.

"I'm sorry. Good bye for now." I was about to beg some more but he had already disconnected the call. I dropped my phone onto the bed and held my face in my hands.

I can't possibly give them the money by tomorrow! I have no money and i don't get paid for another week. That's what i was trying to tell him but he didn't even give me a chance to explain. Well, it has been over due for about a week now but he still could've given me an extra extension. This is all i have. Running away from your parents at a young age of 16 wasn't the best choice i made but i did it for the best. That is something i never want to talk about, to anyone.

I sighed and stared at the bathroom mirror which was really old. This entire building was a wreck! I couldn't even afford such a cheap rent. I felt useless, as though i were the last thing on anyones mind. I would sometimes wonder if my parents regretted anything and looked for me but then i would laugh. Like they would.

I straightened my uniform and fixed my hair into a high pony tail. Having perfectly straight hair let me do that. I washed my tear stained face and then dried before moisturizing. I sighed and walked out of the bathroom.

The flat wasn't even that big. It only consisted of a tiny bedroom, tiny bathroom and tiny kitchen. I would have to wash my few clothes by hand and then dry it on the window. Oh man, i am hopeless.

I grabbed my bag and walked out of my flat before locking the door. Luckily i was in one of the bottom flats so i didn't have to walk up and down any steps.

I put my hood up and threw my Jansport bag on. I stuffed my hands into my pockets and then started to make my way to my job. How i managed to get a job here was a miracle! I had applied for many jobs but this one store accepted me, saying i would fit right in! It was an automotive store that sold like car bits and stereos. There was a mechanic place at the back.

Well, my dad was a fan of cars so he slowly got me into it. Being the only child gave me that advantage. I fell in love with his chopper but he never let me ride it, which sucked.

The store was only a few blocks away from my flat which i was grateful for. I didn't have a car and no money for bus so i wouldn't have been able to work any other place.

After ten minutes of walking, i finally made it to the shop. I walked right in a smiled when i saw my colleagues. Most were with customers but the ones that weren't waved at me. I smiled back and made by way to the back of the place. I threw my stuff into my locker and said hi to my boss who was in his office.

"Hey boss," I greeted, sitting down on the chair opposite to his desk. He looked up from his papers and smiled.

"Hey there, Izzy. How can i help you?" He asked, his Hispanic voice easily showing through his words.

"I was hoping i could get paid tonight," Although i was also Hispanic, my accent wasn't as strong as his.

"I'm sorry girlie but you know i can't do that." He frowned.