Trust Issues

"This is lame." Damien grumbled. I glanced behind myself to see him plop himself down on one of the dining table chairs. I rolled my eyes and turned back to the dishes I was washing

"Stop complaining. I swear that's all you do." I replied. 

"Well, what else is there to do?"

"I don't know. Go watch TV or something. Just be glad Dazz let us come back to the house instead of staying back at the hospital."

I heard him huff loudly before the chair scrapped back and he was going.

When Dazz finally showed up at the hospital yesterday, he completely ignored the fact that he was late and began telling Damien of what was happening. They're still planning an attack, there are just a few things they need to sort out.

After a long debate against us and Dazz, he finally gave in and allowed us to return to our homes. Jeana went to the pack house under the protection of Jayden while Damien and I went back to his home with some warriors around the house.

Sighing, I quickly wiped the sink down and wiped my hands before making my way into the lounge. I sat down on one of the sofas and leaned back, closing my eyes as I went.

I haven't been getting much sleep lately. I'm worried about the future, my worries slowly turning into fear. Dazz isn't making it any better. He hasn't really talked to me lately, only greetings and farewells. 

The sound of leaves rustling startled me, making me sit up straight and look around the room. Sitting up slowly, I felt my heart pounding in my chest as I looked around. After a slight moment of hesitation, I stood up and walked over to the closest window.

Mustering up the courage, I pushed the closed curtain to the side, allowing enough room for me to look outside.

The moon gazed down on the house like a street lamp, making almost everything visible. The same sound of leaves rustlings gave me a slight fright but when I looked up at the trees, I realised that it was only the harsh wing making its way through.

Rolling my eyes at myself, I turned around with a slight chuckle and scolded myself. How foolish of me to be so paranoid when there are warriors - werewolves at that - outside protecting the house. There's no way anyone could get here, especially anyone from Siones pack.

"Hey, Izzy! Can you get me some water, please?"

Groaning, I turn around and begin my adventure to the kitchen to get Damien some water.

The tiles are cold on my feet, regardless of my socks that acts as a barrier between the two surfaces. A slight breeze runs by me, making me shiver and hug myself to help provide my body with some warmth.

I grab a glass from the cupboard and run it under the tap. Once it's three quarters full, I turn the tap off and look up before turning around.

My body freezes as my mind replays what I just saw.

Mustering up the courage, I turn my head around slowly, only to sigh in annoyance when I saw nothing. Must be my imagination.

I made my way through the lounge and towards the stairs leading up. Something caught my eye as I passed the front door but I tried my best to remain calm and focused on trying not to spill the drink.

When I got up stairs, that's when I started to panic.

Rushing my way into Damien’s room, I shut the door and leaned against it, my breathing fast. Damien looked utterly confused as he looked up from his laptop, turning his music off in the process. 

"What happened to you?" He held out his hand and after a moment, I realised he wanted his glass of water.

"Ok, so don't freak out," I began, handing him the glass. He took a quick sip before nodding for me to continue. "there's a guy outside."