Remember

Kinaru: Yes, another chapter. Was planning to update The Forgotten Clan first, but got carried away with this chapter.

I hope you enjoy, and I don't own Naruto, though I really wish I did, only my OCs. And kind of this story plot, but it is somewhat effected by the Boruto series.

Please Vote follow and review, I'd love to hear what you readers think of this chapter.

Chapter 9

It was time to go. Sakura was going to hate him for choosing such a time to leave, but it was necessary. A lead like this wouldn't last forever, he needed to go now, while it was still fresh. He wondered if she would forgive him for leaving now.

He wouldn't blame her if she didn't, the kits birthday was only a few weeks away, and he knew he wouldn't be able to get back in time. That was enough even for him to regret leaving, but it had to be done. They all needed closure, and he was going to find it.

Sasuke shifted his gaze from the newspaper, he was pretending to read, to the group of people sitting around him. Kurenai was visiting with her daughter, Mirai, as were Ibiki and Hinata, The jounin and Hyuuga were both chatting with Naruto while Kurenai and Kakashi were speaking across the room.

His triplets and the only human child were playing in the center of the room, Sakura having laid out some toys for them. The kits weren't quite walking yet, they seemed more comfortable moving on all fours, and so far only Hiro had spoken his first words.

The adult Uchiha scowled at the memory. He had been trying to tuck them in for bed, but with Naruto staying over they had more energy than normal and didn't want to sleep. He wasn't sure if it was because the blonde had said the word not a moment before, but Hiro had called him 'Teme.'

Naruto had nearly died of laughter, while the older raven had proceeded to beat the jinjuriki senseless. Of course the kits had only laughed, and Hiro had continued to say the word over and over. Naruto still laughed when he said it.

Coming back to the present, Sasuke noticed Sakura going into the kitchen. He had already spoken with Ibiki, informing him of his plans. Though the interrogator had been against it at first, once he knew what the Uchiha was leaving in search of, he agreed to come check in on Sakura and the kyuubi while he was gone.

Knowing she wouldn't let him go quietly, Sasuke prepared for all the yelling that was sure to follow. Following her into the kitchen, he let out a breath. It had to be now. He would have tried leaving without saying goodbye, but that hadn't worked out so well last time. She'd still caught him before he left. Not that she had been able to stop him anyway... But still, he didn't want to leave things like he had then.

"Sakura." He couldn't resist a small smirk at how she startled, nearly knocking over the pot of dinner cooking on the stove. He still had that effect on her. "I must speak with you."

At first she appeared worried with what he had to say, but then the unease melted away, replaced with a smile of relief. He didn't know why, he hadn't said anything to entail that what he was going to say was good, though his facial expression should speak quite the opposite.

"Can't it wait? I was going to lay the kits down for a nap." She said, still smiling like all was well with the world.

He sighed, considering what she had planned. Now that he truly thought about leaving, it would be easier with his nephews and niece fast asleep, he wouldn't have to hear their cries when they saw him leave without them. He'd never left without them.

Realizing, the kunoichi was still waiting for his response, he nodded. "Okay, but then I really need to talk to you." He said quietly, yet firm, before making his escape back to the living room.