Only Tonight

My gosh it's been so long, and ew did I really leave you guyswith a SasuSaku moment? I apologize sincerely for that. As I said atthe end of the last chapter, they're not my favorite Naruto Pairing,in fact they're one of my least favorite. I'll try not to write toomany mushy scenes like that in the future.

Now I apologize for such a long wait. A lot has happened sinceI last uploaded anything on Wattpad. I won't bore you with thedetails, I know you probably just want to read this chapter, so I'llsave it for the end if you want to know.

Beware, following this Chapter Next generation Ninja fromNaruto Gaiden may start making appearances.

Chapter 13
Two years later

-Kits are about three years old, maybe a little younger-

What happens when you leave yarn out to knit later? Sakura wishedshe had never had to find out. She'd left the room to retrieve awater bottle from the fridge. She hadn't even been gone two minutes.Yet when she came back the room was a disaster. What had been thebeginning of a cute white pink and blue striped baby blanket was nowa giant web of yarn thrown all about.

Sakura prided herself for not yelling in anger, or bursting intotears. She seemed to recall Yuna doing something similar with herOkaa-san's bag of yarn, she couldn't blame the kits for their catlike habits. She should have been more careful where she left it.

Except she had been positive the kits were napping on the carpetby the front door, waiting for their uncle to return from businesswith the Hokage. Not playing with what remained of her yarn balls.She frowned down at the little beasts, though the sight of them halfcovered in the string themselves was quite adorable and made her wishshe had her camera.

Don't encourage them, she reminded herself. They wouldn't stop ifthey thought she liked what they were doing. They had to know it wasbad, even if they were the picture of cuteness. They couldn't beallowed to make a mess of what was supposed to be a baby blanket.

She opened her mouth, planning to scold them for their wrongdoing, but it was at that precise moment that the front door opened.

"I'm home." The new arrival stepped into the living room, onlyto pause in the entrance. His eyes scanned the yarn web, followingthe colored string to the three kyuubi that were attempting towrestle out of it and make their way to him. His gaze them shifted tothe only other adult in the house, eyebrows quirked in question.

She stifled a laugh, playing with a lock of her hair. "The kitsgot into my yarn..."

"Obviously." He responded, going down on one knee to help Zeroget his leg out of the multiply pieces wrapped around it. Sakura wasgoing to have to get more, Mio had shredded what had been holding hercaptive with her claws and was now helping to free her brother's ashe tried to do the same.

Sakura decided the meeting with the Hokage must not have gonewell, if even the kits mischievous grins were not breaking the stonelook on his face. She was almost afraid to ask, almost.

"What did Kakashi want?"

The previously last Uchiha sighed, sitting on the yarn coveredcarpet. "He's given me a mission. I'm going to be gone a lot longerthan I have been." He didn't look at her, his mismatched gazefocused on the kyuubi kits before him.

She hated to think of it, it was foolish, but she was jealous ofthe kits. She understood their needs came first over everything else,but that didn't make it sting any less when Sasuke payed them moreattention. They were always the center of his universe, no matterwhat he said to her.

Her gaze fell to her rounded stomach, was he even thinking of thepossibility that he might miss the birth? Or was he more worriedabout missing the kits growth while he was gone? She knew itshouldn't bother her like it should, they were the next generation ofUchiha, and the last parts of his brother and their teammate. Sheshouldn't be jealous that he spent more time with them. He'd takenover guardianship, she should be happy, this meant he would lookafter their son or daughter just as much.

"How long?" Her voice was a small whisper, barely heard overthe kits baby babble and growls.

He grimaced, as though that was the one question he was hopingthey could avoid. That told her everything she wanted to know, itwould be a long time before he came back. He'd miss their child'sbirth for sure.

"Uncle Saske is leaving again?"

She didn't respond to the ginger kit, her eyes watering at theprospect of him missing the beginning of their son or daughter'slife.

"Just for a while." The male Uchiha whispered, petting hisniece's head.

That made her frown in a way only a kitsune could, and she wiggledout of Sakura's arms to latch onto him. "Won't let you go."

Her oldest brother wrinkled his nose, going to hold onto the man'spant leg. "Teme have ta take us with." He grumbled, nodding hishead as though finalizing his words. The middle kit growled hisagreement, clinging more tightly to the man's shirt.

He forced a pained smile. "I can't, and you need to stay here towatch over Auntie. She's going to need your help while I'm gone."

All three kits frowned a little deeper, their ears falling back.They would much rather go on an adventure with their uncle than staycooped up in this house with Auntie Sakura. "Why?"

The pink haired woman stifled a choked laugh as the man leaneddown to their level, going on her knees herself. "I need someone toprotect her and your cousin while I'm gone. Can you do that for me?"He asked the last part in an even quieter voice.

The two boys crossed their arms, giving the signature Uchiha 'hn'in response. Their sister, however, turned back to their Aunt andstretched her arms around the curve of her stomach. "Mio won't lethurt to you."

Hiro dropped his arms, also going to hug the female human's belly.Zero was the only one that held his uncle's gaze. "Teme take Auntyat least." It was probably the cutest order the adults had everseen given, but that didn't mean they would follow it.

Sasuke shook his head, looking back at his wife. She knew from thelook in his eyes that whatever the mission was, it would be toodangerous for her in her current condition. She would have to staybehind, whether she liked it or not.

"When do you leave?" She asked, her hands subconsciously goingto the two kits warming her round tummy.

"I have to report to the Hokage tower in the morning."

So they only had dinner, tonight, and possibly breakfast.

-0-0-0-0-0-

Kinaru: That's all for now! Again so sorry for the long wait.All my information on this story got deleted(because my sister's anass) and so I spent a long time scavenging what I could remember andtaking notes on what I had already posted.

Also sorry, but I am now a full time college student, with ajob, meaning it will probably be some time before I upload this oneagain, as I would also like to update The Forgotten Clan, and maybeeven Fire Will Survive? Since I know people are waiting for more ofthose too.

I'm sorry I can't update like I used to, you're not the onlyones that hate waiting for next chapters, even as the writer I missnot being able to get them out and see your comments and votes.

So, until I upload again?

-

-

-

SAD NINJA OUT!!!!!