Lobo

Like most of the time when I got upset, I spent the rest of the weekend in my bedroom, a way to get angry other than throw a tantrum. But what I hadn't realized is that it felt colder and I noticed I woke up with a damp towel on my forehead and Esme starring out the window.

She starts off by telling me that Sunday, there was a storm, so they went to play baseball. Edward brought Bella. They came across some nomads. One of them decided he wanted to kill Bella so, they got her out of town for her safety. The point is, he was killed, Bella was nearly turned, and now she's in the hospital with a broken leg.

Apparently, while they were gone, they had locked me in my room, but I hadn't noticed. I was in bed the whole time which now made sense as I turned myself into a burrito. I was slowly losing my energy;I was going to get sick. I then got a message...more like messages and missed calls. I slowly went through a few.

"Busy after school?" -Quil

"You there?"-Quil

"Gertrude?"-Quil

"You left it, down stairs Saturday night. He hasn't stopped texting or calling." Esme turned to look at me. "You should at least tell him you can't speak to him so that he can stop."

"I can't." I sighed as sitting up to lean on the wall but she had a questioning look which made me roll my eyes while they were closed before I gave an explanation. "Every time I see him, I want to know and be with him more, but I change my mind and avoid him. Then he just pops in, and I'm there again, and then I change my mind and avoid him again."

"Why don't you give it a chance? At least you'll be able to say you were with someone as a human."

"I don't want to. I don't need a reason to have to stay human." I sighed.

"Well, don't think of it that way. What if you turn the same age Emmett turned? That way you'll have more time here."

"No." I answered too quickly. "I just- ugh!" I groaned loudly, letting myself face fall into my pillow. "Wake me up when I turn seventeen."

"I won't allow it. Come on, get up. Alice said you wanted to go to the store, but since you'll be busy turning fifteen tomorrow, you won't be able to go tomorrow." She spoke with cheer as she tickled me. "Come on. Up, up."

"You're really going to let me skip school?" I asked changing into what Alice left for me, but I really want to be warm, so I went with a hoodie and my favorite jean jacket.

"I'll be in the car." She smiled at me throwing a beanie at my head as I tied my shoes.

By the time I was in the car, and we were driving, Esme handed me a Ziploc bag filled with grapes and celery sticks along with a water bottle. I realized she was driving me to Seattle when we passed port Angeles, so I pretty much slept the whole way there, even if it wasn't as long as I expected it to be because like everyone she was a fast driver.

It's a three day drive to Seattle and we made it in three hours. There at the mall, the whole time,m Esme tried encouraging me to get whatever I wanted. There wasn't anything I needed. I felt like I had everything living with them. But then it hit me, I'm sick of Alice picking my clothes, so I decided to go into a store and bought some pants, more jackets, hoodies, blouses, and a few different fedoras, beanies along with foot wear and most importantly aviators.

"Come on, Gertie. There has to be something that you really want." Esme smiled giving me a side hug when we left that store.

"A book?"

"That was more of a question than an answer."

"let's go to the book store." I gave her an encouraging smile. Which made me think about why I actually always had Alice pick my clothes. I hate shopping.