Like I'm gonna lose you

It's only 4 in the morning, and frankly i wasn't ready to go home. Though i didn't tell Quil that. After he had driven me home and he decided to run back home, i walked towards my thinking rock. Cold? of course it was, but i wanted to just sit there and let everything that's happened run through my mind. I'm human and I'm actually okay with that.

For example, mind is running from how it's now Quil and i, to  the fact that i am really loving him, and most importantly the fact that my family still hates werewolves. Well, most of them. Once i decided to go home, the sun was just beginning to set and i wanted nothing more than to sleep, but the other part of me was hoping to see him again. So Instead, I decided to walk myself into the kitchen to make myself a cup of coffee.

I then walked towards my room where I found unwrapped birthdays gifts on my bed, so I had no choice but to put them up before I could lay down. But It eventually faded . So I sat on the floor staring out at the wildlife from my giant window. I thought of Quil and what he would be doing right now. Waking up? Trying to stay under the blankets? Maybe even heading down to the forest to patrol.

It wasn't until I woke up because I felt wet and uncomfortable. I was still sitting at my window with coffee down my shirt. Which was my cue to shower. And boy did I enjoy the warmth. I didn't want to come out, but I did because I was hungry and I was sure my family was back from hunting. But before that, I had to clean up the spilt coffee before I messed up my wooden floor boards and Esme gets mad at me for messing them up. Again.

"Gertie?"

"In the kitchen!" I yelled.

"Hey, calm down. We do have vamp hearing you know." Rosalie walked in with a frown.
This only had me rolling my eyes and continue with the can of green beans I was eating.

"If I didn't make it clear, I'm sorry, about yesterday." -Hayden

I just rolled my eyes and deleted his name from my phone, clarifying that that's the end of our friendship.

"So, did you tell him?" Emmett asked clearly seeing what i had done.

"Yeah, and he took it well. I mean, it's not like we were dating."

"Were?"

"Uh, yeah. We are now a couple since last night."

"So did he tell you about- never mind." He stopped himself moving uncomfortably.

"If you meant the imprint. Then yes he told me all about it!" I snapped getting angry. I didn't know why I got that way, I just wanted to defend him. Especially because I know Rose and Edward are the one who hate them the most. "And frankly I don't care! You can go ahead and think that that's the reason we're together, I But I have had feelings for him way before any of this happened!"

"Why are you yelling?"

"Sorry. It's just I can feel you judging me just by the way your eyes grew, and I hate it."

"Well, I'm sorry you feel that way. But unlike the others-"

"Rose."

"Unlike Rose." He corrected. "I don't care. I just want you happy. And if that's you choosing to stay human, then I'll be okay with it. Alright."

As I sat there listening to his words, I found myself crying again. And this I was above embarrassed because I hadn't done anything like the last time. And this time the entire family was here.

"Are you crying?"

"No! Shut up, my eyes are just sweating." I wiped them looking down at my hands.

"Yeah. That's exactly it. Hold on, Rose get the camera, we're going to caption this "Gertie has a soul."

"Oh, shut up." I slapped his arm pretending to laugh since it wasn't even that funny when it really was. It was an inside joke we had because, well, I was never a normal human, I had always saw myself as a vampire in training.

He started tickling me as he threw me over his shoulder. "Emmett stop please!"Only we froze when an angry Edward and Bella walked into the house.

Apparently Jacob kissed Bella, and she grew angry and his him and now she spranged her hand.

Idiot.

"Gertie." Edwards deep voice made me glare at him. I understood he was angry, but again, these are my thoughts that should only be heard by me. But then again, she should know that, so I didn't care. Instead i went to Esme's room which I found her cleaning. And it wasn't the normal cleaning. She was cleaning things I couldn't see.

"I have to change your floor boards. Again." Oh no.

"They're are not damaged this time. You don't have to do that."

"Well, no they're okay in your eyes but I could see and hear them expanding."

"Sorry." I groaned letting myself fall face down onto the bed. "I had fell asleep."

"Don't apologize. It gives us something to do. I mean, believe it or not, we do actually get bored. Anyway, I was thinking about a darker wood along with changing the comforter. What do you think?"

"Umm. Sure, do whatever you want. I know I'll like it." I sat up. "But I would like some white in the room and maybe some more new decor. Can we drive to Seattle soon?"

"Why don't you go, you've had your license for a while."

"Yeah, but I don't want to go alone."

"You can ask Quil." Her answer took me by a big surprise.

"No, I don't want to bother him."

"Is everything okay with you two?" She asked stopping what she was doing. She was quickly at taking a seat at my side.

"Yeah, I just don't want to be a bother. Especially with him." I answered but all it did was give her a questioning look. "I'm worried that if I hang around him too much he's going to get tired and leave me. I know it sounds stupid, but I really do feel this way."

"Gertie, look at me. Everyone has felt that way at some point. But j can assure he will never feel that way about you. If anything, I think he'd do anything to see you and that he wants to be with you every second of the day."

I doubt that. I thought leaving the room. If anything it sounded like she just wanted me to feel better. But I didn't at all. I feared I would lose him.