Try

"We have a problem." Alice stormed down the stairs after Edward left and I was laying down on Rosalie's lap in the living room. "I don't see Gertrude's future anymore. She's there then she's not."

"What does that mean?" I sat up worried.

"It means the mutts are in the way." Rose spat making me want to feel disgusted when she puts it like that but I found myself defending them. Which had the whole room turn to me.

"What?"

"Please tell me you weren't socializing with one."

"Jacob showed up to school, took Bella with him. In exchange for me to go to La Push and be ready in case Bella needed me, Edward promised me the skyline." I answered proudly. "But yes, I did run into a couple of them."

"Makes sense to why he was making calls." Emmett spoke up, but Rosalie and Carlisle were walking towards me.

"You were crying. Why?"

"I don't know. I just felt like crying. I felt sad and worthless and empty and horrible for hurting Quil's feelings. This is why I didn't want to come back!" I yelled the last part as I stormed out of the room to the kitchen. "What is wrong with me?" I asked when they walked into the kitchen.

"What do you think is wrong?"

"I don't know. I feel like a pathetic human with feelings. I just want to shower or something. I want it to go away. And no it's not the time of the month." I paced back and forth.

"Edwards here with Bella." Esme announced before they went back to the living room.

This turned into a problem. There was an intruder at Bella's home. Left her father untouched, but more specifically, the intruder was in her room. Now my family had to risk their lives again, for Bella. Which also angered Rosalie. Especially when most of them hadn't fed and Bella and Edward didn't want to leave Bella unprotected.

She insisted Jacob can protect her which I could tell made Edward angry. Then before he decided to take Bella home, he left Bella sitting next to me while they all gathered around to talk in a small group whispering too fast.
•••
By next afternoon, I was being dragged to La Push with and by Bella to meet up with Jacob, and also by Edward because I still wanted that car and apparently I only earned half of it yesterday because I left. So I groaned and went to pick Bella up at her house right after school.

"Hello chief Swan, I came to see to Bella." I tried to smile the way Alice told me to when he opened the door for me.

"Gertrude Hale. Edwards sister, right?" I nodded and he let me in.

"Gertie, give me a second." Bella came down and then jogged back up the stairs.

"You're the famous Gertie?" He asked crossing his arms.

"How famous am I?" I asked curiously.

"Well, Bella's friend Jacob has called a few times asking for your number. Apparently it's important. I thought Bella told you."

"Oh." What! I gave a fake smile, and as Bella came down again. "How long ago was this?" I asked curious.

"The past two, well, starting yesterday morning. Called about twenty times."

"Okay, let's go." Bella pulled me quickly, I had the feeling she didn't want me to now about that so know I was feelings unsure if I should even go with her to meet Jacob. "I'm sorry, but you drive like a maniac." Bella had her eyes closed tight as she held on the seat belt.

I clearly ignored her and continued driving down 110 in complete silence, which I noticed bothered her. She was used to talking, but right now she was tapping her fingers on the door. I continued driving fast until I had to slow down because I had no idea where we were meeting Jacob. Which turned out to be a someone's house, not his. Bella was out of the car before I took the key out of the ignition. When I saw her close the door, I was quick to get out and wait there.