Chapter One |Sorry, Bats. I'm New.|

Ruby's Point of View

I am the new kid in town.

Something that everyone is kind of expecting in the beginning of a new story.

The new kid in the town. Something terrible happens. Everyone is sad about it. That whole ordeal. What if I change it up a bit? Well, I am going to Gotham High School. A school no one wants to go to. Since Gotham is just filled with criminals, my parents decide that it's the perfect plan to move someone here. Us to be more specific. I didn't want to move here but my parents were really persistent on it. I didn't want to be in a town filled with crazy people. Filled with anarchy and with death. With a hero out there that took everyone for granted. It was his play ground.

I knew about Batman.

So did everyone where I had came from.

Everyone knew every superhero there was. Which was really annoying I may add. I didn't like the super heroes. They were cocky and annoying. Superman knows that he's the boss. Batman thinks he is doing the world good. In my eyes he's just a jerk that wants to bring fear into the world because someone had shot his parents.

Reality check, it wasn't bringing fear into the world and it wasn't bringing any justice. You killed people too. Excuse me, he. Or better yet, it. That's what the Batman is. He is an It. So here I am. Sitting here in Gotham High School thinking about what I could do around here. I didn't like anyone here. I didn't like the guys looking at me the way they did. It was creeping me out to say the least. What I did like though, was something about the atmosphere. It was evil and with chaos. There was no Batman fans around here. If you said his name, kids would kill you. Or beat you till you're nearly dead.

Which is what had happened today.

I was changing into a new class. Going to my locker, minding my own business of course. That's when my locker slammed shut and a man comes into view.

"I hear you're the new girl," He smirked. He was already reeking of a disgusting odor that made my stomach churn. I could of thrown up on his shoes but I didn't. Sadly. So, I stared at the idiot. He was standing there like I had done something wrong. Which I didn't. I was just trying to live by the rules around here so that no one would bother me.

I guess I was wrong.

So this red head was staring at me. He had these eyes that sent shivers through me. Which is a feeling that I was going to get used to. His eyes were telling me something. Possibly a fear, maybe some other type of emotion but I couldn't read them. So, I bluntly told the man. I was new to Gotham City and I didn't care what he, nor all the other pigs inside this school, had thought about me. The man places a smile on his face and nods.

"I respect that," He grinned. This grin wasn't cute. It showed the ugliness on his face. I wanted to cringe and shove him out of my way but, I didn't have to do anything. It was done for me. I was going to thank the person but it turned out to be just another guy asking me stupid questions. I rolled my eyes and just simply turned around and left down the hallway. I was holding my books to my side. Going to the next class.

During that class, I was thinking. I was jotting things down on my piece of paper. I had done a lot of research on Gotham before I had moved here of course. What kid wouldn't look things up like this? I looked up things about Batman. The man was a legend around these parks and to be honest, it was sickening and it was quite annoying. I wanted the man gone. I mean just let the cops do their thing. Let the humans run their course. Besides, he was the one that was creating more criminals. He was the one that was messing with things that he shouldn't be.

For instance.

Joker.

Yes, Batman's number one.

I had done the most research on Joker. The man wasn't a bad man because he was just randomly created. For instance, Batman became who is he is because some low life was desperate for some money. He was desperate, probably drunk, probably hungry. No one knows but the man himself. So, he kills others. He murders the starving because he wanted vengeance for his mother and for his father.

Sad really.

He wasn't making Gotham any better anyways. He was the one that was making the world into a more chaotic place. Joker, now he was just having some fun. I liked his style. I hated Batman's style. You see, Joker was made. He wasn't the same as before the It man. He was just a normal man. Living a simple life. Falling in love, getting married. His wife had told him that she was pregnant. He couldn't have been more thrilled about it. That's when things started to go wrong. When he had come home from the grocery store. He saw his wife and his unborn child laying there dead on the floor. His things stolen. He drops the bags and looks down on the floor seeing them laying on the floor.

That's when the Joker started to show his true colors.

When he went out to search for the man, he found him. He found the evil man that had taken his family from him. He played with him. Taking knives to him. Making his life hell before he had died. Joker just smiled at his new found project. Of course, when he had done this. The thing had found him. Of course, Joker tries to run. He runs to a plant. This of course is abandoned and no one has been able to use it. Joker hides. It pins him down.

That's when the Joker fell.

Batman created him.

The bell rang, shaking me from my thoughts.

My paper was covered with the Jokers face.

I didn't know I had it in me.

I grin.

When I walked out, I knew that my day was just going to be as normal as school days come. Except for the end of it. That was a site to see. It was the end of school, of course. I was walking home when a group of gang rapers decided to fallow me. I got scared. Panicked. I had never been touched by another man before. Not in that way of course. I ran. I was down an ally and I saw the Batman kill all of those men. I watched him. I grabbed one of the men's guns from his waist belt. I pointed it at Batman. He looked at me and I looked at him.

"Who are you?" He asked trying to sound intimidating. Which he didn't

I smirked, "All you need to know Bats is," I pointed the gun down to one of the men that was coming into consciousness, ,"Is that I'm the new girl,"

And pulled the trigger.