08

[!] if this isn't your first time reading this, please go back and RE-READ THE FIRST 7 CHAPTERS as i have rewritten this whole story. unless you want to be thoroughly confused as to what tf is happening, i suggest you go back to the start lol okay bye

« erina »

"This is great. This is great. I am shaking."

"Say that one more time and I'll strangle you before we even reach that village's gates."

"Takeo, let her have her excitement."

"Yeah, see? Kou understands. You're just mad you didn't get to eat the last grilled fish."

"No, I'm mad you didn't choke to death on yours."

"Ryouta-sensei, this is verbal abuse. Why is Takeo allowed to roam free without his mouth taped shut?"

"If only the two of you could be this energetic during night surveillance."

I threw the jounin a smile, choosing to ignore Takeo's burning glare aimed at the back of my skull as I forged a few metres ahead of the three males, in the direction of the monstrous gates of Konoha lying less than a kilometre away.

I reached the entrance within a few chakra-enhanced leaps and turned to face their more leisure pace, "Anytime this year..."

"You're going to get killed one day." Takeo growled, annoyed at my lack of vigilance in foreign land.

"Aren't we all?" I replied, watching Sensei hand our papers over to Izumo and Kotetsu who had sent me suspicious glares when I appeared out of nowhere by myself. They nodded after scanning over the files and motioned for us to continue.

"Let's go to Ichiraku Ramen after we report to the Hokage." I suggested as we advanced across the market house rooftops towards the Hokage building. My eyes absorbed the sight before me, causing an unconscious smile to slither onto my stolid face.

"How on Earth do you know so much about this village?" Kou asked, eyebrows pinched together.

"Did Sensei tell...?" I asked cautiously, catching the mentioned man's gaze. Sensei shook his head as visible question marks floated above Kouhaku and Takeo's heads at our small exchange. My jaw muscles shifted into a deceiving grin.

Guess they haven't been informed of where I came from.

"Oh, I used to have a lot of relatives here."

"Liar." Fuck you, Takeo.

"We're here." God bless, Sensei.

We jumped off the tiled roofs and landed back onto the ground, our arrival allowing me to escape Takeo's possible interrogation. Sensei led the way as we entered through the fiery red doors and up the stairs to the Hokage office located on the top floor.

And I may or may not have gotten lightheaded from excitement along the way.

I found myself strolling between Takeo and Kouhaku as we trailed after Sensei.

"Where are we going to meet for our next mission?"

"Arf!"

"Our usual place. Where else?"

"Y-yes."

Oh my god.

Oh my god.

Oh my fucking god.