03

« kira »

What kind of sick prank is this!? I am but 15, why must I be cursed with such ill fate of being friends with those demons?! My innocent eyes! My poor innocent eyes!

"I AM SO SORRY. I DO NOT EVEN KNOW HOW I GOT IN HERE, MIND SHOWING ME THE EXIT?" I panicked, pressing my palms tighter around my eyelids. I internally shriveled into a prune as the sound of splashing water hit my ears.

"U-um, Miss? I'm sorry, I can't understand you." A voice sounded from behind me.

Japanese. He was speaking Japanese.

Why is he speaking Japanese?

I spun around, staring into the never ending darkness produced from my covered eyes.

"Yup?" I called, switching to Japanese but still unable to keep the panic from my voice. 

Please, who would be calm in this awkward situation!? Especially with no idea where you are... and how on Earth you ended up in a Japanese hot spring.

"Just keep walking straight ahead and you'll walk out of the men's section..." The man replied nervously, giving me a slight push forward. Muttering a quick apology, I sprinted in the direction as fast as my legs could carry me and my soaked clothing.

And of course, I collided with several walls and a shower head before I made it out.

A scent of leaves and flowers drifted up my nose as I took one final step, welcoming the cool morning breeze of whatever place I was in. 

Dropping my hands, I sighed in relief before shivering in disgust at the thought of somehow ending up in the men's area of the hot spring.

I clenched my fist, ready to pound Erina and Naomi's skulls in.

Gritting my teeth as I seethed in anger, I turned and glanced at the name of the hot spring. My body stiffened as my eyes skimmed over the Japanese characters printed on the wooden sigh board overhanging the open gates.

Satsuki Hot Springs - Konoha's Finest

Hold the fuck up.

Konoha?

"What. The. F*ck." I breathed. 

My eyes searched the surrounding foliage in desperation, expecting the usual sign or banner of some sort with the words 'You got pranked~!' scrawled onto it. But no signs of that sort met my gaze. I inhaled a shaky breath and observed my surroundings.

The trees, they looked animated.

This was insane.

What was going on?

This had to be some sort of fucked up joke.

I slapped my cheeks repeatedly, in hopes of waking up from this unlikely dream. My repetitive hits stopped abruptly, as a certain figure strolling parallel to me caught my eye. I squinted at the orange jumpsuit.

The boy's blonde hair stood out against the green terrain of Konoha's trees, complimenting his cerulean blue eyes. His fingers interlocked lazily at the nape of his neck as he grinned at the three people closely following behind him, the signature whiskers adorning his cheeks.

If I could have fainted, I would.

"THERE SHE IS!"

Team 7's attention turned to me.