02

« naomi »

I shuffled back from the boy in fear, distancing myself from him and residing in a dark corner next to a bowl of stagnant water. I dipped a finger into the liquid cautiously before regretting the action and bring my hand back to my chest in shock, wiping my bloodstained finger on the wall after a soft gasp.

That was definitely not water.

I glanced around the cramped cell.

Where was I? All I could remember was falling asleep in Erina's room. I don't recall leaving her house...

I blinked and furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

A man coughed and hacked noisily from across the cell, knocking over a dirty cup of water placed by him, spilling it on the guard standing on the other side of the thick metal bars.

"Hey! Watch it, old man!"

The reply he received was no more than a wheeze of a strangled breath. 

A hand touched my shoulder, making me jump and lose my balance. My body leaned to my right and I landed painfully on the cold stone tiles.

"Miss! Are you alright?" I looked over my shoulder to meet a pair of concerned eyes tainted with guilt. The boy sighed and offered his hand. I hesitated before grabbing onto it and lifting myself off the ground.

Now at my full height, I noticed just how small the cell really was. The tip of my head barely missed the ceiling, much to my appreciation. I did not want cobwebs in my hair. I let go off the boy's hand and dropped my arm.

"Where is this place?" I questioned, avoiding eye contact. A large hall lay on the other side of the bars, around the perimeter stood more bars of hard metal, people of all ages locked behind them in equally inhumane conditions.

"Unfortunately, Miss... We have been the victims of Lord Orochimaru's latest experiment expedition. Who knows what fate lies ahead of us..." The boy mumbles, his worried tone turning forlorn.

My head swiveled to face him, the colour in my features quickly draining by the passing second.

"L-Lord Orochimaru?" I stuttered, my eyes wide. He nodded.

I dropped to my knees, my hands reaching up and tangling themselves in my strands of black hair.

"This must be a joke."

"I'm sorry, Miss."

"O-Orochimaru... This can't be happening... I'm in Naruto..." I whispered in horror.

How can this be? It's impossible. There is no way I'm in Naruto. This is all a sick joke! I am most definitely not in Naruto and Orochimaru does not exist. This dream is too real. I can't believe my mind actually created this mess of a nightmare.

"Miss! Calm down! Please!"

Two small hands gripped my shoulders as more rapid thoughts of terror ran through my brain. My breaths of air began slowing, turning into an energy draining chore rather than an instinctive action. My vision blurred, black spots clouding my sight.

"Miss—!"

His cry drew further and further away, as I fell into a pit of unconsciousness.

+

A corroding pain spread across my head, best described as the aftermath of being thrown on the floor repeatedly. My body fought against the sensation that tempted me back into unconsciousness as I groaned and peeled my eyes open.