01

« erina »

Where am I?

Is this some fucked up prank?!

Well, I'm sorry to say but THIS IS NOT FUNNY.

I rose to my feet with shaking legs, trying to maintain the little balance I had on this uneven surface. 

I glanced at the sun peeking from behind two distant mountains shrouded by a thick morning mist. I analysed my surroundings, confusion increasing by the tenfold the more I stared.

Large spikes of rock made up most of this... village? Yes, let's call it a village. A light fog settled on the rooftops of the buildings structured along those peculiar spikes, of which, I ended up on top of. The morning rays casted down on the houses, creating large shadows that engulfed most of the village in a slightly gloomy impression.

It must have been quite early in the morning. Hopefully my extremely loud scream did not disturb any civilians. 

I looked away from the scenery with a thumping heart.

I had absolutely no idea where I was.

And not to mention, HOW THE BLOODY HELL, WAS I SUPPOSED TO GET DOWN FROM THIS DAMN ROOF TOP?!

The building I stood on top of was approximately five stories high. Unfortunately, it had no pipes of any sort that might have aided me in my attempt of descending to the ground. And if I were to fall, I'd crack my skull open with a single impact with the stone path.

I hobbled around the roof top, careful not to produce too loud a step that may disturb the residents in the building underneath me. I circled around the roof, peering over the ledge carefully. 

At least give me a vine or something to impersonate Tarzan and swing to safety.

As if the gods heard my prayers, I looked over the railing facing the east with a draining optimism and nearly screamed in joy.

A discarded cart filled with hay laid motionlessly by the wall I stood above. Upon catching sight of it, an idea popped into my head. Grabbing my blanket I had carelessly thrown away a few minutes ago, I held it length wise and positioned myself close to the edge.

I scanned the premises, making sure the area was void of any onlookers of my possibly embarrassing stunt.

Deeming it clear of villagers, I clenched the blanket tightly and jumped.

I plummeted to the ground.

You see, I was hoping that my blanket would have acted as a parachute, slightly slowing my fall downwards.

But of course, the world hated me.

Instead of landing lightly on my feet as I intended to do, I landed face first on the stack of hay, leaving me with multiple stinging scratches on my cheeks. I groaned and rolled of the cart sluggishly, tugging my hay embedded blanket off as well.

"Mommy, that girl is strange." I cocked my head to my left at the sound of a child's voice speaking Japanese.

A small boy stared back at me, pointing his stubby fingers at my hair, which I presumed held many stems of hay in it as well. His mother sweatdropped, uttering a quick apology before ushering her child in the direction of the local market that was about to open for business.