09

[!] remember, if the speech is in italics, they're speaking in english!

« erina »

"No fucking way."

"Yup, it's definitely you."

I stuck my face closer to the brunette before me, inspecting her every feature with eyes mirroring the size of dinner plates.

"KIRA?!"

She rolled her eyes, "You've said my name three times now. YES, IT'S ME."

Another loud gasp escaped as I leaped forward.

"HOLY FUCK. KIRA! BITCH! YOU! ARE! ALIVE! BITCH!"

My hands latched onto her scrawny shoulders in a vise-like grip and wasted no time in twisting, turning and shaking her around in disbelief. 

She slapped at my arms, forcing me to release my hold, but was unable to contain the equally huge grin spreading across her face.

I released a shamelessly loud squeal as I pulled her into a hug. My screams drew the attention of multiple passing Konoha citizens, but their stares did not falter my body from bouncing up and down in excitement as Kira (for once) accepted the gesture with a smile and no protests. 

"I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU!" I exclaimed, "You were here this whole time? IN KONOHA?"

She nodded estatically, "Yea! And you were in Kumo?!"

"Hell yea!"

"Oh god, I've got so much to tell you!"

"Um bitch, I got ten times more to tell you!"

"I'm not surprised because you seem like you know what the hell is going on with us ending up in this world. You better explain everything."

"Of course, of course. But first, tell me everything. How did you end up in Konoha?" I replied, grabbing hold of both her hands and once again, shaking them around uncontrollably.

Kira's eyes glistened in eagerness as she opened her mouth to respond, but she failed to utter a single word, as another voice bet her to it.

"What on Earth is going on?"

We both froze.

Oh.

Our heads turned simultaneously to the large group of Genin who had witnessed our rather buoyant reunion with pure, absolute cluelessness. Visible question marks, a feature not uncommon in this world of anime, floated above their heads in a gingerly manner, adding on to the obvious confusion clear on their features.

But I didn't blame them, who wouldn't be?

I, a girl from Kumo, literally just "met" Kira, a Konoha genin, and the two of us were acting as if we've been best friends for years (which is true but everyone else did not know that). 

Definitely strange in their eyes.

And to make things even more complicated, Kira and I had unconsciously been communicating in English this whole time, a language we used the most comfortably between the two of us. But unfortunately, it was also a language non-existent to this world, and something we should not have introduced to these ninjas.

Kou arched an eyebrow, having been the one who interrupted our reconciliation. 

His gesture needn't words.