05

« naomi »

I gritted my teeth, squeezing my eyes shut as I breathed through the pain.

A bead of sweat rolled down the side of my forehead, slowly accompanied by many more. Heavy locks chained my wrists down, my ankles fastened tightly to the operating table with indestructible metal cuffs.

A thick metal strap circled around my neck, leaving hardly any breathing space for my ragged breaths. A choked gasp slipped past my lips. I bit down on my tongue, immediately tasting the rusty tang of blood and sting of the cut that did not help at all.

My body lunged upwards, much like the form of a possessed being in the middle of an exorcism. Something was inside of me, and it was determined to establish its authority. My control over my senses and nerves have long been rendered useless.

It was no use. Whatever overcame my system, whatever that that bastard injected into me, it was taking dominance.

I groaned.

It burnt so much.

"I see it has begun, Kabuto." The simple sentence sent a spirally whirlwind of anger through my bones. I turned my head, only to have it fall limply by to the side. I pushed back the tears of both pain and fear threatening to fall.

Kabuto chuckled.

"Yes, Orochimaru-sama."

"What... the did you two—ugh, do?" I choked.

The pain instantaneously doubled. I screamed.

"Soon... Soon, I shall have my armor..." Orochimaru mused, his voice coated in malice, "The legendary Kōrinoyoroi, will be in my grasp!"

"N-no." I writhed, despite not knowing what on Earth he was talking about.

Pushing past the pain, irritation took its place as I scowled at the Sannin. Orochimaru grinned frostily, his yellow snake-eyes roaming my shaking figure like a book. I lifted my middle finger, rather proud that I managed to do it, seeing that a simple nudge sent needles of pain up my arm.

Having Orochimaru glance at my hand in annoyance, well, that felt great.

"Can't you be a tad bit humane?" I begged, "I am chained up and experimented against my will. The least you could do is to lay me on a bed or something, not this rickety old dentist chair."

Kabuto rubbed the bridge of his nose with an annoyed sigh.

"Can you not act grateful for 5 seconds? You should be honored that Orochimaru-sama even pays this much attention to you." He said, eye twitching.

"Who on Earth would be honored to be in the presence of that pedophile of a Sannin?" I retorted.

"Still in the room, Naomi-chan." Came said person's sarcastic reply.

"Untie me." I demanded.

I internally applauded myself for the bravery behind the way I spoke. One would expect either Erina or Kira to respond rudely, as I was... nicer than the two of them. I guess hanging around them so often, I picked up some traits from the two girls.

But in a situation like this, crying equaled weakness and showing your fear did nothing but make you seem more vulnerable that you already were.  

Orochimaru and Kabuto ignored me, exiting the room the instant the words left my mouth.

My jaw dropped but quickly reclined as a growl of discomfort rumbled from my throat.