#2

Recap:

"You, come with me." The Chieftain rasped close by.

Startled, Sadie quickly looked at his approaching figure with trepidation and dread crawling down her spine. Was he going to kill Sadie? Was she going to be the first sacrifice?

"Now I am going to shift. You will climb onto my back. Any funny business and I kill you here, Capiche?" He growled lowly.

Nodding, Sadie found herself taking a step forward unintentionally. Before her addled wits could comprehend what was happening, a sense of lightheadedness took over her body. Within moments, her vision grew dim as blackness began to overtake her senses and all too soon, the ground was rushing up to meet her.

Chapter 2:

Ice-cold water being poured on her yanked her from the blissful oblivion of sleep, gasping for air, Sadie sat bolt upright. Her body trembling out of a lethal combination of cold and fear, scrambling to a corner of the bed she shakily surveyed her surroundings for the threat.

"Told you to stop babying her, didn't I?" A rough voice barked out.

Jerking her head about, Sadie saw the humungous figure of Chieftain Balthazar scowling down at her. A lethal combination of fear and dread inched up her spine, chilling her to the very core. That scowl could level mountains. Still glaring, he huffed in impatience and walked across the room and left without a backwards glance. Leaving Sadie with a rather impish looking man who also happened to be on the larger side of the size scale, six and a half feet tall, inky black hair, mischievous blue eyes and a muscular yet lean build, he shamelessly stared at Sadie, her soaking wet clothing moulding to the body like a second skin did not hide much from the imagination.

"Next time why don't you try leaving the science to the doctors?" A snarky voice cut in, and an aged man walked into her vision with a bundle of clothing in his arms.

"Yeah, and waited forever for her to wake up? I've got better things to do." The mystery man scoffed.

"So why aren't you doing them?"

"Doc, you have to see my position i-" The chieftain protested, only to be cut off by the snarky doctor.

"Get out of my hospital!" The doctor growled as he checked Sadie's vitals, missing the amusement on the man's face. He obviously enjoyed riling up the old man.

"You're just mad I make a better doctor than your wrinkly ass." The mystery man needled.

This was a member of the most feared tribe in the low lands? The tribe rumoured to be entirely insane and teeming with brutal savages? All in all, he seemed about as brutal and savage as a rabbit.

"ROBERT!" The once sweet-looking old man erupted in a fit of rage as he tossed anything he could get his hands on at the man, apparently named Robert. Who merely dodged and ducked as he laughed with a nearly child-like glee.

"Yeah yeah, don't get your boxers in a knot. I'm going." Whistling an entirely too cheerful tone for the situation, he walked out.

Frozen in fear and indecisiveness, Sadie merely huddled in the corner, trembling due to the chilly air. What was going to become of her now? What did these savages plan on doing with her? Bury her alive? Bake her alive? Horror coursed through her as each thought increased her heartbeat to unhealthy levels.

"Oi? You there?" The snarky old man interrupted her wayward thoughts.

"Yes." To her horror, she found herself unable to actually normally voice her thoughts out loud; she was reduced to timidly whispering her thoughts.