#20

Chapter 20: Epilogue

Balthazar had gathered his closest friends and Sadie's family in his home for a grand announcement. He had rather important news to share with them and he'd been waiting to do it in person. Robert, Harvey and Sadie's parents and siblings were all gathered in the small cabin. Blue had been entirely off the grid in the past few weeks, and he hoped she'd be back soon. He would simply have to tell her later.

Balthazar new war would erupt if he didn't speed up and handle it soon, such a volatile mix of shifter personalities in the same room was a definite call to trouble. The two males would mess with the humans, simply because they could. Leaving himself and Sadie to handle the backlash.

Slipping an arm about his mate's petite form, he anchored her to him. Placing a loving kiss on her forehead, he pasted an excited smile on his face as he turned to his awaiting audience.

"Sadie is pregnant." He rushed out. "I'm going to be a father!"

An immediate flood of congratulations and heartfelt wishes were directed toward the happy couple. Sadie could feel her heart swell with pride and joy, all the people she and Balthazar both loved were gathered in their house and were a part of one of the largest events of their lives. The absence of Balthazar's best friend Blue, was a dampener, but they would simply tell her when she returned from wherever it is she was.

Sadie finally felt as though her life was complete. There was nothing more she would ever ask for. She had a mate that treasured her above all else and a child on the way. Theirs was the perfect recipe for a long and happy life: Sadie wouldn't have it any other way.

**

"You called?" Balthazar jumped a foot into the air as the voice startled him. Clutching his head he tried to calm his racing heart.

He'd been married for a grand total of nine months at this point. But it hadn't been any easier on his nerves, he was jumpy and prone to suspicion about the smallest of noises. His mate was vulnerable and unable to protect herself and he had to stay on alert at all times. It would be unbearable if anything were to happen to his chosen. He slipped an arm about his mate, who was snuggled up against his side, a large blanket entirely enveloping her petite form.

"I have news." He deliberately drew it out, wanting to annoy his friend. He motioned for Sadie to stay silent and let him have his fun.

"Is it that your mate is pregnant?" Blue raised a brow in question.

Blue smirked smugly at his flabbergasted face and settled down onto the sofa adjacent to his. A can of soda in her hand.

"How did you know?" He all but roared. Was there a snitch in the tribe? Leaking out sensitive information to the world?

"Don't insult my intelligence." The infuriating female crossed her feet at the ankles and took a long sip of her soda.

"Who told you?" Sadie smiled.

He would rip them from limb to limb.

"Your house reeks of pregnant woman." Blue snorted as she eyed his irate profile, "I'd be an insult to all my ancestors if I couldn't smell that."

"The house does not reek." Balthazar grumbled.

"Same difference."