#13

"So what are your thoughts on love?" Harvey pestered an impassive Blue.

"Love." Blue snorted as she tapped away on her phone. "Is magic food for the weak." She cast a contemptuous glance at Harvey. "And the needy."

"You say that now." Harvey shrugged, entirely unaffected. "But when we are married -and we will be, then you're going to be telling me you love me every damn night."

"Definitely." Even Balthazar cringed at the amount of sheer sarcasm laced in Blue's voice.

Balthazar couldn't even begin to comprehend what was going on inside of Harvey's mind. Nor did he care to learn more. But watching the male throw himself at a female who was obviously not interested, was just heartbreaking. But Harvey was nowhere near to being discouraged, he treated Blue's constant rejection as a minor setback and had gone so far ahead as to plan their wedding. Balthazar could tell that Blue's patience was wearing thin and when it snapped, it would be brutal.

He gazed at the two silently, watching as Harvey prodded and pried his way into a conversation with Blue. There was no way this was going to be working out, Harvey was setting himself up for disappointment and nothing more.

Shuffling from overhead drew his attention to the major problem at hand; Blue's kidnapping of Sadie and her parents. It had been a few hours since they had arrived at his house; shaking in fear and clutching desperately onto their drugged daughter.

Although he hated how Blue had gone about it, he was still pleased that Sadie was returned to his side. The fact that her parents had been brought along, had managed to work in his favour. In comparison to what they had experienced of shifters outside of the wolves; Balthazar knew he appeared like an angel, a saviour for the world.

Blue had simply drugged their daughter and carted them across hundreds of miles; because she felt like it.

In comparison, the worst Balthazar had done was keep their daughter hostage. And kill their Alpha.

But since they weren't shifters or wolves; that death shouldn't pose much of a hinderance in his plans. He knew the ticket to finally capturing Sadie's heart lay in the unbiased approval of her parents; and that was what he would exploit. Keeping his psychotic best friend, the reincarnation of the devil himself; Blue, away from the humans. He would show himself to be the right male for Sadie by proving to them that he was capable of being trusted with her. He would care for her, pamper her and treat her like the queen she deserved to be.

Humming under his breath, he worked on the latest software commission as quickly as he could. The sooner he could free up time from his job; the sooner he could impress Sadie's parents.

The humans were all currently upstairs, hiding from the shifters no doubt. But Balthazar knew that they would come out eventually. Or he would have to resort to drastic measures.

"Blue, would you consider doing me a favour?" Balthazar mused.

"Yes, I will kill Harvey for you."

Blue smiled happily as she released her claws and fangs and snarled at the offending male. Harvey seemed to be harbouring a death wish; he blew her snarling form a kiss in return.

"No no. I need to gain Sadie's parents' approval." Balthazar began to piece together a plan.

"I want nothing to do with humans." Blue smacked his head as she grabbed a soda from the fridge. "Count me out."

"But you have to help-"

"I have to do nothing, I've got better things to do." Blue snarled in warning. Shaking her head in resignation; she walked out the door, slamming it so hard the hinges rattled.