#16

Recap:

The elation on his face made everything else fade away, his eyes sparkled with new life and joy lined his features. If she hadn't been so immersed in her denial for so long, Sadie knew she wouldn't have put him through all this. But she was glad that she'd still managed to get a chance to do so.

"And I love you, little one."

Snuggling into his warm embrace, Sadie let out a sigh of contentment. She was finally where she belonged.

Chapter 16:

An eerie silence cloaked the tribe, all had been made aware of the events that had led to one of the most lethal shifters being severely injured and their Chieftain being captured by hyenas. A group had taken it upon themselves to eliminate and destroy the hyena clan responsible, and had brought back the clan leader for Balthazar to deliver his punishment to. No children played in the streets and all adults and teenagers were on lookout for any vengeful hyenas.

Sadie had spent the last few days cooped up inside the hospital at the insistence of Balthazar, much to her annoyance. She had tried her very best to fight against the order, but Balthazar wouldn't budge when it came to her 'safety'.

Letting out a deep sigh, she snuggled into the pillows and closed her eyes as she remembered the events that had sent her into this position. Blue's past and her injuries had become a dark cloud hanging over Sadie's head.

She needed to get out, she felt as though she was suffocating. The door opened and heavy footsteps led to her bed. Sadie cracked open an eye and smiled in greeting at Balthazar.

"How are you?" He whispered as he trailed a hand down her arm.

"Fully recovered, but yet not able to leave." Sadie smiled mischievously.

"I cannot let you leave till I am satisfied with your recovery," He shook his head, "You have that wounds all over your body, and I can't endanger you so."

"My 'wounds' are mere cuts and majority have already scabbed over," Sadie was getting impatient, "You're being irrational, and you know it. It's been two days since we got back, and you've neglected yourself entirely and focused all the attention on someone who doesn't even need it."

"I don't need any medical attention sa-,"

"You have a badly bandaged cut on your arm that has been bleeding for ages," Sadie cut him off, annoyed with his disregard for his own wellbeing, "I'm warning you, the only way I am spending another minute in this hospital bed is if you are properly treated and resting in a bed within my sight, before the end of this hour."

"Sadie you don't understand. I have a duty t-."

"Your 'duty' does not need you to bleed to death or die of infection," Sadie nearly growled, "Either you get treated, or you get cremated. Choice is yours."

"Sadie."

"Don't come within a hundred feet of me, till you take care of yourself first."

Enough was enough, she couldn't stand by and let him endanger himself merely because he believed he was too powerful or strong for fatigue or injury to effect him. She hated to see the heartbroken and hurt expression on his face , but he had driven her to this. He had forced her to resort to underhanded methods to ensure his safety. Her mother was right all along; men are idiots.

"Alright," Balthazar's weary voice sighed out, "I'm only doing this for you."

"Perfect," Sadie couldn't hold back the smile playing about her lips.