Escorted

On a hunt with Erwin, Hange and Mike. Not letting them know what happened on his last hunting trip he stays silent for most of the journey. His mind and his own hunger wrestles with an idea. After a couple of minutes when Erwin, Hange and Mike have spotted some prey, that Levi doesn't find it uncomfortable to call humans that sometimes, if his hungry enough...

Once they have their sites set on someone Levi sneaks away. Knowing they were becoming to relaxed with having him on a hunting trip, to really pay attention to him, unless he looses control.

Levi's feet carry him across the rooftops, over gaps and gardens. He slows when he catches her scent. It makes his mouth water but he stops himself thinking about her scent as he climbs down one of the houses, staying in the shadows, only revealing himself when they are close enough.

The soldiers that are escorting Laura all recognizing him. There eyes widening.

"Hunt-"

The other soldier elbows him and he coughs quickly as he says "I mean, sir!"

Levi holds back his amusement as the obvious fear, awe and the one who almost called him hunting hero's almost hero like worship, he went quite red.

"Levi" Laura said, shocked.

"I'm not doing anything at the moment and I'm shit bored. I'd like to escort her to where she is going. If you don't mind" Levi told the soldiers smoothly.

"But sir, the vampires-" One of them started.

"Are you saying I can't handle a couple of vampires?" Levi snapped, coldly, but full aware what the effect would be.

As he expected they both shook a little in their boots and the one who has spoken quickly backtracked, stammering "Of course not sir, I-"

"We'll leave you" The other solder who seemed to have more sense than the other one but his voice taking on a higher tone when he was nervous and looks like he wants to strangle his friend.

Levi quickly withheld a smirk as they dashed out of sight, hearing one scolding the other for talking to "Captain Levi" Like that.

Oh how he sometimes loved being one of the most awed and respected soldier in the military sometimes. It had its perks, wow he never thought he'd think something like that.

Laura smiled, though looked a little nervous "Levi. I didn't expect you to be here"

"I didn't either" Levi replied, lying through his teeth but curious.

Catching his questioning tone she said, relaxing more "I'm baby sitter. I'm going to their house now"

Levi blinked, surprised. Usually only people with really important jobs would be able to work at night and get escorts. Laura answered his question as if she could read his mind.

"It turns out my job is very important if the kids you are looking after parents have very important parts in the government. They're a really lovely couple and refused to work because they wanted to dedicate themselves to their family but the government really needed their skills so they got them to get me. So they wouldn't leave the kids alone" Laura said calmly. Levi was surprised how open she was about it.

Levi walks with her as she leads him to their house.

"The Springer's are a really good family, though the kids are naughty little buggers sometimes but they have good hearts" Laura was telling him.

They stopped at the house. Which looked like a ordinary house, other than it was a lot bigger than the others that surrounded it, making it stand out.

Laura knocked on the door.

A kid answered, opening the door, smiling widely when he saw Laura. He looked around eight or nine years old. 

He blinks, looking surprised at Levi, he asked eagerly "Who's he?"

Laura smiles brightly at the boy, its clear she cares deeply for him and probably the rest of the children "This is Levi, he escorted me here, like those other soldiers do but hasn't left yet unlike them. He can stay"

She then turned to him "And Levi this is Connie, Connie Springer"