I'm Different Than You

"One fruit cake for Petra. Don't send me anywhere again, I think your sickening posetive attitude is rubbing of on me" Levi drawled as he handed her the bagged Fruit cake. 

Petra asked, shocked "You were actaully nice to someone willingly?"

"Don't sound so shocked" Levi grumbled.

It is quite shocking" Erd sniggered as he went through some files on a desk near them. But he backed of at the freezing cold glare Levi sent his way. 

Levi picked up his tea he'd made for himself before he'd gone down to town and sat down by the fire, his squad around him.

Petra, Oluo, Gunther and Erd.

They were having a rare day of, usually his squad went to visit their families but today they'd all decided to stay in together for once.

Levi would never admit it but he was actually quite proud of them. This was his second year with them as his squad, so far no casualties, no deaths and all missions completed.

Sometimes he felt like laughing in Erwin's face childishly and saying "Haha! I was right about them!"

But Levi doubted that behaviour would be acceptable.

Levi frowned as his stomach rumbled suddenly. Levi winced, knowing what was happening. It would be dark soon. He hadn't probably eaten for a couple of days.

"You okay Captain?" Gunther asked, noticing Levi's wince.

"Fine, just a small stomach ache, nothing to worry about" Levi said lied easily.

Oluo caught Levi's eyes who shot him a nasty look, which Oluo gulped and went back to putting the candles on.

They both knew what was really up with him...

Only Oluo knew what Levi really was.

He'd accepted it but was still pretty terrified of Levi, though to be far he'd been scared of Levi even before he'd known he was a vampire.

Most of them had been... 

Was he really that scary?

Putting those matters aside he knew what really mattered, he was hungry and not for human food. 

Levi told his squad "I'll be away all night, a meeting with Hange about a few things on our next mission"

"Good luck with that, try to to kill yourself afterwards" Erd chuckled, remembering Hange's long speeches are.

Oluo frowned but didn't say anything, he knew what was going on... 

"I'll try not to" Levi said dryly though under his breath he muttered "Would be a hard thing to do" As he technically was already dead. 

Levi walked out into the night, Oluo watched him through the window, how long could Levi keep this a secret, they'd eventually find out, Oluo knew they would and then their would probably be hell to pay. 

Levi slunk away into the shadows, the listening to the dying chatter of his squad.

But even now and the progress he'd made with them.

He couldn't help but feel... left out.