Lies

"Why are you late?" Erwin asked but Levi could tell at the bland tone of his voice his sire wasn't bothered by it.

"I got caught up with someone from my squad" Levi said.

Then Levi blinked, wait.

Did he just lie to Erwin?

He didn't know why but maybe a part of him just wanted to keep Laura as his little secret.

Erwin didn't need to know, did he?

He hadn't really thought about it, he just had.

He almost felt oddly guilty about the lie but then Erwin didn't seem to notice or be bothered. They were standing on a roof top, a part of the building hiding them from preying eyes.

Hange and Mike soon arrived both grinning, they all knew what time it was, time to hunt.

"Levi, I've been meaning to ask you something" Erwin said, as they jumped from roof to roof in the shadows of the night.

Oh no.. Levi thought.

Did he know? He-

"Did the shape shifter you met ages ago mention anything about Eren?" Erwin asked.

Levi almost tripped in surprise, shit, maybe he would have liked questions about Laura and why he was late instead.

"No shit, unfortunantly" Levi replied, though in his head he was questioning himself again, why was he lying to Erwin?

But his gut told him to keep quite, so he did...

Erwin nodded, looking critically at Levi before jumping of the roof to follow a soldier he had seen earlier around these parts, no one would miss one soldier.

Hange followed after him.

"Hange" Erwin said, his voice low almost silent.

"What is it?" She asked, her voice just as low, knowing Erwin wanted to keep this secret.

But she wasn't expecting what he was about to say.

"Keep an eye on Levi would you?" He asked.

She blinked, confused.

But she nodded anyway, always loyal to him.

If Levi was up to no good she knew she would find out.