The Baker Girl

Levi looked around, exitment building up inside him. This was the first time Erwin had let him go of on his own. Though Levi understood why though it could be irritating sometimes. 

A small taste of freedom Levi thought with a grin. 

He remembered Erwins words like law inside his head "Don't kill anyone and we may make this a regaler accurance" 

Okay, so just don't let his blood lust control him and he would have more freedom. 

Seemed easy to remember. 

Petra had asked for something to eat, Levi kept on forgetting she was human and actaully needed food to survive. 

He spotted a bakery near the towns centre. 

He could smell the food from here, it smelt deliscious though of course not as deliscious as what else he could smell but Levi ignored the smell pretty easily. 

He walked into the bakery. 

A girl was serving. 

She was a young women, around his age was serving. 

She had blonde hair with bright green eyes and she smelt deliscious. 

The women spotted Levi, her eyes roaming on his Survey Corps Uniform before she gave him a warm freindly smile. 

He went to the counter to look at the cakes they had. 

"Anything you want in particler Sir?" She asked him, her voice surprisigly soft, full of light. 

"Whats the fruit cake like?" Levi asked, knowing Petra wouldn't like it if he gave her something unhealthy, she was trying to go on another diet. 

"Pretty good I'll say sir" She said, smiling sweetly at him. 

"I'll take that then Miss...?" He asked. 

"Oh Laura King to you good sir" She said. 

He chuckled "Its fine, call me Levi, all this sir stuff is to formal" 

"Okay...Levi" She said, tasting the word. 

He brought the fruit cake and she packaged it for him. 

He was about to walk from the shop when Laura asked him "Levi, will you come again?" 

Levi looked back, his eyes widened slightly as he could hear her blood rushing through her body and her face going red after she asked him the question...was she...blushing? 

Pretending he didn't notice he replied with a warm smile "Defiantly" 

Then he walked away. 

As soon as she was out of sight Levi dropped the smile frowning. 

Defiantly? 

What the hell?

And had he actaully smiled like really freindly smile at her? 

Was he going soft?

Levi blamed it was Petra, maybe her irritatingly warm and freindly personality had rubbed of on him somehow?

Laura the baker's daughter watched the young man walk away, a small smile on her face.

Maybe this week wasn't going to be as dull as the rest after all?

Niether of them knowing how much this encounter would change them and their lives forever.