Not Ready

Levi was in his hotel room, silent. Thinking over Oluo's words as much as he hated to admit it the brat was right, he couldn't keep this up forever.

Unless he died, surely they would notice how he didn't grow older and what happened on his breaks. He knew Petra was finally starting to get suspisous.

Levi was surprised it had taken a member of his squad to start questioning so long to realize something was up. He honestly thought he wouldn't be able to pretend to be human, this long around them.

Erwin had helped him quite a lot but how long did Erwin expect Levi to keep this up? They didn't age for crying out loud.

Was Petra's suspision a sign he should come clean?

"I need to tell you all something"

His voice came out of nowhere and he knew if he had a heart it would be thudding hard in his chest.

Where had that come from?

They all looked at him.

Oluo's eyes especially wide, was he really doing it? Here? Now?

"Levi" He muttered.

Petra looked very interested.

"I" Levi tried but the words got caught in his throat. It felt like it was closing up.

Why now?

Levi cleared his throat at said.

"Whatever happens with this nest I'm proud to call you my team"

Olue breathed deeply with irritation or relief Levi didn't know.

"Don't worry about it" Eld said, though all of his squad smiled at the praise.

No Levi thought.

No he wasn't ready yet to tell them.

He knew that now.

But he would be.

Soon.