Heavensent

Brynna turnd on her heel and stomped out I stand there watching her, in shock. My mouth opens and then closes. I was not expecting that. I glare at nothing and debate if I should chew out my dad right now or not. I decide not to since I don't know what my best friend will do if I'm not with her. I walk out to go find Brynna again and end up wandering mindlessly until I hear her voice. She sounds very upset, but she's not crying. I poke my head through the door the noises are coming from and see her with my mum.
"Do you want to be alone?" Mum asks. Brynna nods and mum goes out the other door in the room. I slip into the room and take a deep breath before approaching Brynna.
"You okay?" I ask while hugging her from behind.
"No. But I will be." She hugs my arms that are wrapped around her. She stands up and i give her a small smile.
"You have two choices. You can either shower first or eat first."
"I think I'm gonna shower." She looks down at her clothes and cringes. I laugh a little and she cracks the smallest smile before silently leaving.
I head to my parents room and don't even knock before barging in (which could have been very bad, like last time). My mom is yelling at my dad about how he needs to keep his mouth shut for once and think about other people's feelings before saying anything. I join her and he backs away ever so slowly as we come towards him. I run out of air and storm out of the room. I then realize that my mother left a while ago and that I've been standing there screaming at my dad for twenty minutes. I suddenly feel exhausted and sit down leaning against the hallway wall right across from the door. Once my head stops pounding, I can hear my dad crying, probably from regret. It can't be from me, can it? I stand up and go to the kitchen before I can find out. Brynna, who is now clean, is making an omelette.
"Want one?" She asks me while flipping the eggs.
"Yep." I say with a raspy voice and a burning throat.
"Did you go yell at your dad?"
"Yep." I smirk and sit down watching her whisk around the kitchen making a lot more food than I thought we were going to eat. We end up sitting on the floor with a feast of eggs, toast, goldfish, and popcorn. We sit and talk for hours about anything that will make us happy for once. The peaceful moment seems to last for years. When all of the food is gone, we both are about to fall asleep. We clean up and go into my room where we find two of my cats laying on the bed.
"Hi guys!" Brynna runs the two steps to my bed and scoops the small animals into her arms. I sit on the couch in the corner and watch her play with them using the bracelet she often wears. She falls asleep on my bed so I turn off the lights and close the door. As I walk down the hallway to my parents room I write my apology speech in my head. Once I get to their door I have nothing to say, but knock on the door anyway. My dad pulls it open and just looks at me with those red rimmed eyes still threatening to drop some tears. I think he is going to close the door on me or tell me to go away but what he does is unexpected. He pulls me into him and he immediately relaxes and we stay there in each other's company. We sit in his room for hours talking to each other like we should've a long time ago. I've been living these past few months hating him for what he did.
I mentally make a note to tell him how much he means to me once everything isn't as awkward between us.
***
A/N hey guys! I'm back! It's been so long and I'm sorry for the short chapter. I was in my school play and it just barely ended so now I'll have more time to write! I love you all for being so patient with me.