Chapter 13 | Pig-sitting (Day One)

Your P.O.V

~A Week After Your Ducktective Marathon~

Watching Ducktective with the twins last week was fun. Gravity Falls television never lets you down. I can tell that Dipper is warming up to me, but I think he is still suspicious about what happened at the creek. Grenda and Candy have also been super kind to me, we've all grown closer in the short amount of time we've spent together.

My hands were stuffed in my pocket, clutching my house keys, as I walked the streets of Gravity Falls. The shower intruder effect hasn't worn off but it was going away. Nothing strange has happened since then (thankfully). Weather in Gravity Falls had changed drastically. Winds had whipped up bringing down a couple trees and the sun which had once bathed the town in light hasn't been seen for days.

Mabel had called me several days ago. She asked if I could watch Waddles because Grenda, Candy, and her were going to Austria to see Grenda's boyfriend Marius. Of course, they didn't purposely leave me out--Marius couldn't pay for another one on such a short notice, which I understood. After an incident one summer, Mabel couldn't trust anyone to watch Waddles. So now, Waddles is my responsibility.

I approached the Mystery Shack. Mabel said everything would be ready for me, so why was I so worried. "Am I worried because I'll see Dipper?" I shook the thought out of my head. Of course I wasn't.

The sound of my fist meeting the rough door echoed in the air. Someone walked to the door, their footsteps loud. His fez was the first thing I saw. "Hi Stan," I beamed.

"Hey kiddo! What are you doing here, Mabel is in Austria," he said still letting me in.

"Oh, I know. She asked me to watch Waddles," I informed.

He frowned, "I let the pig out one time and she doesn't trust me."

"I doubt it's that Mr. Pines," I lied, "I think it's just that she knows you're busy running the shack."

"You're probably right, kid. Well, just don't let the pig outside," he advised.

"Okay," I laughed. Stan waved as he left the room--presumably to the gift shop. From where I stood, I could already see Waddles sitting by the table. Smiling, I walked into their living room.

"Well if it isn't my favorite pig, Waddles," I exclaimed. He oinked in delight as I patted his head. A list sat on the table next to him; the title was in large purple pen: WADDLES TO DO LIST. Eagerly I picked it up and what I thought was a small scrap of paper was actually a long strip that went down to my knees. I looked at Waddles and narrowed my eyes, "Why are you so high maintenance?" Again, he oinked in response.

My eyes scanned the list. Feed him with only the richest of creams, knit him sweaters (if you're feeling generous), host May May and the HOGG with Waddles.

"What the heck is May May and the HOGG?" I thought aloud.

"It's Mabel's radio station." I whirled around to see Dipper standing in the doorway, book in hand. He wore his normal outfit--hat, vest, shorts--did he ever wash his clothes? His eyes widened at the big list in my hand. "Woah, what's that?"

"Just the small list of things Mabel wants me to do for Waddles," I sighed.

Dipper walked over to me and snatched the list out of my hand, "Lemme see that." He looked over it and laughed. "Mabel doesn't even do half this stuff, you're fine."

"So what do I do? I can't just leave," I said, looking down at Waddles.

"Wanna watch Ducktective?" Dipper asked.

I considered his offer for a second. "Why not."

Time Skip Brought to you by Blendin Blandin and my Laziness: 20 Minutes (and halfway into Ducktective)

Dipper and I were crushed against each other on the couch watching Ducktective. Waddles sat on the ground eating potatoes happily. My throat became dry so I turned to Dipper, "Do you have anything to drink around here?"

He turned to me and opened his mouth to speak. Before anything came out, he jerked his head back realizing how close we were. His cheeks turned a subtle pink. "We--" his voiced cracked, he cleared his throat and continued, "have some Pitt Cola in the kitchen." I nodded and hopped off the couch.

I made my way to the kitchen. Before entering, I could hear someone already rummaging through the kitchen. A figure stood looking into the refrigerator, but I couldn't really see them due to the fridge door. My footsteps became loud in order to let the person know I was there. The person--a man-- looked up. It was Stan. He looked sort of off though. He had definitely shaved and was wearing different clothes.

"Hi again," I said.

He gave me a puzzled look, "Greetings!" Stan winced and then whispered, "Shoot kids don't say that anymore."

For a moment I forgot why I was there, I looked at the fridge and remembered. "Can you hand me a Pitt Cola, please?"

"Sure kid." He reached into the refrigerator. I could hear stuff hit each other as he moved things aside. Finally, he handed me my Pitt Cola.

"Than--woah! You have six fingers! When did that happen? It looks sooooo real, Stan!" Again he looked at me, confused. "Well, thanks anyway!"

Dipper was still were I left him, lazily sitting on the couch watching Ducktective. I plopped down next to him and opened my Pitt Cola. Right as I situated myself, the commercials started coming on. "Ughhhh," I huffed. I watched as the spokesperson talked about the owl trowel. Who the hell is actually going to need that? Dipper and I sat in silence watching the silly advertisements. Suddenly, an announcement came up that I was actually interested in.

"Everyone was swarming the shops when The Case of the Caper-Case Caper andThe Telltale Fable of the Unstable Table was published," the speaker said, "well now get ready for another Sibling Brother tale: The Myth of Ms. Smith's Fifth Withe."

Both Dipper and I gasped. Then we looked at each other, "You like the Sibling Brothers?" we asked in unison. Again, I gasped but Dipper just went on, "I love the Sibling Brothers! Have you read all the ones that are out?"

"No, only The Case of the Caper-Case Caper, but Jenkins W. Jenkins is a genius!" I gushed to him.

"I have The Telltale Fable of the Unstable Table if you want to read it," Dipper fangirled.

"Seriously?"

"Seriously."

We both took off running up the stairs and into the twins' room. Dipper laid on his stomach and searched under his bed. His face lit up as he pulled out a book--The Telltale Fable of the Unstable Table. I got so excited that when Dipper handed me the book I dropped it. "Sorry, I'm just really psyched that we actually have something in common." I bent down to pick up my book and Dipper did the same. Our hands touched as we both attempted to pick it up. My hand jerked away. "Sorry," I blushed and Dipper handed me the book again. (I'M SORRY I'M SUCH FREAKING CLICHE TRASH)

He laughed awkwardly and rubbed the back of his neck, "It's fine, and return it whenever."

"Thanks," I smiled.

A/N: HOPE YOU LIKED!!! HAPPY LATE THANKSGIVING, I AM SO HAPPY THAT A LOT OF YOU GUYS LIKE THIS. I SEE ALL UR COMMENTS AND VOTES AND IT MAKES ME SUPER PSYCHED TO WRITE MORE FOR YOU GUYSSSSS. SORRY FOR MY LACK OF UPDATING!