Chapter 1

**Hey everyone! This is my first fanfic, I hope you enjoy it! I am also posting this on Instagram. If you have an Instagram and want to follow me, my username is @kissmeimirish16 ! Please vote, follow, and comment your thoughts! Thank you! :) **

Chapter 1

"Lydia can you please unpack the boxes for me!" yells my mom.

"I'm coming, I'm coming." I grumble back.

My mom, my two year old sister, Juliette, and myself just moved from my childhood home to a new, smaller apartment in a small town. It's hectic to say the least.

I attempt to maneuver my way out of my messy, new bedroom stacked from floor to ceiling with boxes that need unpacked. As I walk into the living room, I see Juliette is playing with the empty boxes and bubble wrap. As long as she's not crying I'm happy.

I start to unpack the boxes which are marked "Living room decorations" and start to make the room look how it was at my old home. I've always wanted to be a designer. I love helping to bring something to life with just a few special touches. At my old school, I took as many design classes as possible along with my honor classes. I sighed at the thought of my old school. When we moved I not only left my childhood home and school district that I've been attending since Kindergarten, I also left my best and closet friend, Mia, behind. Mia and I met on the first day of Kindergarten and we were inseparable since. Sometimes it seems like she was my only friend. I'm really shy and I got bullied a lot in school for doing well in school so I don't have the longest list of friends. A lot of people called me the teacher's pet when I really just enjoy school and enjoy learning. I cringe at the thought of making new friends and the start of my junior year at a new school which starts in just three days.

I push those thoughts aside and I try to make our new living room look like are old one. This is pretty difficult because it's a lot smaller and a lot of the decorations are framed pictures of me, my mom, my dad, and Juliette. My mom and dad are in the process of getting a divorce. I guess most kids would be devastated that their parents are divorcing when they have 27 years of happy marriage and two kids together under their belt. I get upset when I see or hear my mom crying but I'm certainly glad that my dad is out of the house. I get mad but mostly sad when I see my mom go into a round of depression and then she can't even pull herself out of bed so I'm left to take care of her, Juliette, the house, the meals, the bills, my school work, job and myself. This has been going on for the past 3 months so I'm guess I'm getting used to it. I hate him for what he did to my mom and because he practically forced her into this depression. But, I hate him even more after what he did to me.