Chapter 17

Chapter Seventeen: I just stare at Tiffany, Louis, and Niall. I haven't known them all that long but I don't have anyone else to talk to. Juliette is way too young, my mother is part of the problem, and Mia hasn't returned any of my calls, texts, or emails since I've moved so I guess that's her way of saying that we aren't friends anymore. These people are my only friends, if Niall even counts as one, I can't tell them anything about what's going on in my life right now--it would send them running away screaming. I sigh, "It's nothing really. I just got offended that she made an untrue remark about my sister and mom." Louis and Tiffany seemed pleased with my answer but Niall just stared at me. He looked like a disappointed parent who knows their child is lying. I break eye contact with him before I change my mind, I never was a good liar. Tiffany starts to speak pulling me out of my thoughts, "Well just ignore Lacey, she's a bitch. You're sure you're fine?" I chuckle and look at all three of them, "Thank you guys for being concerned. I'm fine." The bell rings for class. I say goodbye to Tiffany and Louis. I turn to Niall, "We're still on for after school right?" He looks confused for a second, "For the project?" I remind him. "Oh right yeah sure. I called Donna and said to keep Juliette and Braden until 6." I smile, "Great thank you." Niall holds the door open for me as we leave the library and smiles down at me. Oh my god, that's the first full smile of his I've ever saw and it's gorgeous. I've never felt like this before. Ever time I see Niall my heart beats faster, my stomach does somersaults, and my thoughts are consumed by him. Am I really falling for Niall Horan? I've only had a crush on one other boy besides Niall. His name was Tyler and we went to school together at my old school. I had a burst of confidence one day and I asked him to the Christmas dance freshman year. He agreed to go with me but at the dance he ditched me and we never even danced together and I caught him making out with one of the other girls. Ever since then I've never been outgoing with boys. I wonder if Niall would ever do that to me if i asked him to a dance? A crushing thought hits me. Here I am daydreaming about Niall and me going to a dance and he probably doesn't even like me that way. The thought actually makes me upset. I try to focus on my work and not on Niall but that's very hard. This partner project will be very interesting but I'm glad Niall is my partner because I can't wait to see him again. Stop thinking about him Lydia! I remind myself. This is going to be a long afternoon.

A/N: 20 votes and I'll do a double update sometime this week! :)