Chapter 21

Chapter Twenty-One: I'm pretty nervous as Niall drives. I've never let anyone drive my car before and I've only ever seen Niall drive a motorcycle. However as soon as he pulls onto the road I relax slightly. He actually is a pretty good driver.

Niall looks over to me and asks, "Are you okay now?"

"Yeah. I'm a lot better. It actually feels good to have all of that off of my chest. Thank you for listening."

"I could listen to you talk for forever." Niall replies with a flirtatious smile. I swear my smile is so wide, it's touching both of my ears. I'm not the best with flirting and I have hardly any boy experience so all of Niall's sweet comments have me practically exploding inside.

"Speaking of talking, I've told you my whole life story so isn't it far that you tell me yours?" I ask, raising my eyebrows.

Niall sighs loudly. "I guess it would only be fair. Where do you want me to start?"

"Wherever you want to." I say.

"Okay so my dad was a banker and we were extremely close he would always play footie with me. My mom and i were close too but not as close as my dad and I. We moved to here from Ireland when I was ten because my mom got a new job. She's a lawyer and she was offered a job in this town's only law firm."

"That's where you accent is from! I knew you had an accent but I couldn't put my finger on where it was from! And what's footie?" I exclaim abruptly.

Niall laughs at my sudden discovery, I love his laugh so much, and continues with his life story. "Footie is football, soccer for you Americans. Anyway three years ago Braden came along. I thought that would break the bond between my parents and I but it didn't. Everything was going get until the summer before freshman year. The bank my dad was working at got robbed. He was on his lunch break talking to me on the phone when I heard the gunshots. He told me he loved me and I screamed for my mom to pick up the other line. She did and my dad told her that he loved her since the day they meet and that she gave him the best life anyone could ask for. Then the line went dead. Later on the police told us that my dad died shielding a pregnant woman. I had a hard time coping with him dying. I felt like I lost my best friend. I started drinking to try to take away the pain but I didn't. I would just get drunk and cause fights. I caused even more problems in school once it started but once I figured out that I was making my mom upset. I toned it down a lot. My mom got offered partner at her law firm but she still spends a ton of time with me and Braden. I just have to pick him up and drop him off at daycare everyday."

I look over to Niall and I think I saw him wipe at his eyes. I'm surprised that he decided to share all this information with me but I'm glad he did.

"I'm so sorry you and your family had to go through that Niall. Thank you for being honest with me." I tell him.

He gives me a small smile. "Well you did the same for me."

I smile and I look out the window and I'm surprised to see that we are at the daycare. Niall returns the keys to m and hurries out of his door. He jogs over to my side and opens my car door for me. I smile at the sweet gesture and thank him. He does the same with the daycare's front door. Donna welcomes us with a smile.

"Hello you two! Braden and Juliette have been asleep since nap time! They went outside for a recess and it completely tired them out!" Donna says.

"Thank you so much for keeping them later than usual. We have this project to work on." I tell her.

"Well there's something refreshing two teenagers doing homework on a Friday night!"

Niall and I laugh along with Donna. Niall asks to speak to Donna alone so I offer to go get Juliette and Braden. I carry them both to the front door where Donna is holding it open and smiling.

"Thanks again Donna!"

"Not a problem, these two are total sweethearts." She says. Niall pulls around for the front and takes Braden from me and buckles him up in the side car.

I put Juliette in her car seat and turn around to tell Niall and Donna goodnight. However Niall is closer than I expected and Donna is gone.

"Well goodnight Niall. I had a nice time tonight."

"Me too. Listening I was uh wondering. Would you like to go out with me tomorrow? Donna said we can drop off these two rascals tomorrow and she'll watch them for free."

"Like a date?" I ask. Niall wants to go on a date with me? I'm having trouble thinking straight and my stomach has a million butterflies in it. I didn't know Niall liked me the way I liked him! He didn't say it was a date yet, I remind myself.

Niall smirks. "No not like a date. It is a date."

I gasp.

"So what do you say, Lydia ? Do we have a date?"

**A/N: Want to know Lydia's answer? Vote and comment crazy and I'll update tomorrow! Love you guys!**