Chapter 24

Chapter Twenty Four

I open my eyes to also find Niall opening his. He coughs a little clearing his throat, "Was that okay?" He asks nervously.

"Yes, Niall. That was more than okay." I say blushing. Niall laughs and suddenly we're back at the bottom. When did the ride start moving again?

The ride comes to a stop and Niall helps me out of the cart. But of course, me being a klutz, a trip and fall into Niall's arm.

"Well if you wanted a hug all you had to do was ask. No need to hurt yourself." He says sarcastically, smirking.

"Shut up Horan." I smack his arm lightly.

We walk around a little more until the park starts to close. We were heading out to the car munching on some cotton candy when I seen a note sticking under my windshield. Curiosity gets the best of me and I pick it up and read it. It says, 'You can run, but you can't hide. I'm coming for your mother and sister too.' My head starts to spin and I feel really sweaty.

Niall looks over to me,"Lydia? Are you okay? You don't look good. What's that?"

I hurriedly crumple the note and throw it in my purse. "Yeah. I'm fine. My stomach's just upset, I think I ate too much." I hope he believes my lie, I suck at lying.

Thankfully he does. "Okay but you better let me drive home." I quickly agree and hand over the keys.

I lay my head against the car door and close my eyes. Niall must have been looking over at me. "You're sure you're fine?" He ask me.

I nod my head. The ride home is pretty quiet after that with Niall just occasionally asking me if I'm okay.

We arrive at the daycare and pick up our siblings. Niall puts Braden in his car seat and I put Juliette in hers.

"Thank you again Niall for a fantastic night." I say and smile.

"You're welcome. It was a lot of fun." He says.

"I'll see you in History on Monday. Goodnight." I say and turn to get into my car.

Niall grabs me by my waist. "Where do you think you're going? I didn't get a good night kiss Lydia!"

I giggle and Niall gently presses his lips to mine. Our lips move in perfect synchronization like a dance almost. Niall pulls back and slips something into my pocket.

My eyebrows raise in confusion. Niall chuckles. "That's my number. I'll be expecting some texts soon from a gorgeous brunette."

I giggle over the fact that I've been on a date and kissed Niall and I just got his number now.

"You're adorable." Niall tells me.

"You're not too bad yourself Horan."

Niall winks and I giggle again. I hear my laughter and I turn around to see Braden and Juliette giggling as well.

"Goodnight Lydia."

"Goodnight Niall."

We share one more kiss and we part ways.

Even with a perfect night from Niall, the note still has me shaken up. I have a pretty good idea on who it is but what do I do? I can't tell my mom because she's drunk 98% of the time. Juliette is two. Louis and Tiffany don't know anything about the situation or my past. The only one is Niall. He knows my past, well the majority of it at least. I might have forgotten to mention a big part of it. If I tell him now will it ruin whatever it is we have going for us? Did I miss my chance to tell him? Should I tell him or handle it by myself. For the first time in a long time, I don't have my next move planned and that scares me--a lot.

**A/N: I have a few announcements: Thanks for the 9.5K reads! It means a lot to me. Sorry that this chapter is on the shorter side but it's a stepping stone for the rest of the book. I won't be uploading again till Monday. Sorry but I'm busy tomorrow. Please vote and comment! :)**