Chapter 15

Chapter Fifteen: "Sure. What did you need Mr. Willis?" I ask. "Well, I understand that you have good work ethic and you do put effort into this class however your grade doesn't reflect this. You've barely passed the all of my tests. I'd like to know if you know why. It seems like you do extremely well in your other classes." I sigh because I probably do know the reason why. I don't really have a lot of time to study for History. After I take care of Juliette, check on my mother, and take care of the house it's already 10 at night. I've tried studying for History first but I get frustrated from not being able to retain the information so I usually wake up with my History book on my lap. "History has always been my weak point Mr. Willis. I'll try to do better next time, I promise." I tell him. "Okay well in the mean time here's an extra credit assignment to think about, you may turn it in after this project. It's a good thing you're paired up with Mr. Horan on the project." he says. Really? I think, I thought they didn't get along. My thoughts must have shown on my face. Mr. Willis chuckled, "While he may not be my favorite student, his test scores are the highest out of all of my classes. He would probably be my best student if he did his homework." That surprised me. Again I shouldn't be judging but Niall seemed like the type of person to not care about school. I grab my books and head for the door. "Thanks again for the extra credit Mr. Willis. See you tomorrow." I put my books in my locker and head towards the cafeteria. Tiffany is waiting for me outside. "I thought you weren't going to show up!" she exclaims. "Sorry! I was talking to Mr. Willis about that History project." I say. We chat as we move slowly through the lunch line. We finally get our food and pay for it. Louis is waiting at our table. As we're walking towards the table, me being a klutz, I tripped over a book and my tray went flying- right onto the head of Lacey Messerle, the queen bee of the school. I stare wide eyes at her, this isn't going to go well.