Chapter 4.

Derek

I stood in front of my room leaning on the doors listening to the faint sound of a sleeping fox. When I was sure he isn't having any nightmares I made my way down the stairs lying down on the not so comfortable couch. He was taking over my mind, the boy was consuming my thoughts since the day we met and now I have to keep him safe but how can I if I always lose. As I thought about him I felt a pain in my chest. It felt like it was melting my insides spreading adrenalin all over my body. As I winced due to the pain inside my chest his screams pierced the silence. I jumped on my feet running to the room. Stiles was screaming and writhing in pain but he was still asleep. I jumped on the bed. I held his head trying to wake him up.
"Stiles wake up! Wake up you're just dreaming! Come on! Wake up!" I shouted holding the trembling boy in my arms. His body started calming down and his gold eyes opened. He looked around confusingly.
"It's ok you just had a nightmare." I said quietly. His eyes filed with tears. I started getting up when I felt his soft hand wrap around my wrist.
"I don't wanna be alone" He said looking away from my gaze. I nodded my head slowly and went to the other side of the bed. We both turned our backs to each other as we fell back to sleep.

I woke up to the sound of some one falling of the bed. It was Stiles.
"Stiles what are you doing?" I said slowly raising my torso.
"I was just..uhm...well...uhh... What are you doing here?" He got up from the floor placing his hand on his sore shoulder.
"You were having a nightmare and you asked me to stay with you." I got up from the bed making my way towards the door. He seemed like he has remembered his dreams. He stood stiff.
I wanted to say something but I couldn't find the words that would consoled him.

"You literally have nothing to eat." I hear Stiles complain from the kitchen. He grabbed an apple and came to the table where I was sitting.
"So what are we doing today?"
"This." I said placing the chess figurines on the board.
"Seriously chess are you that bored?" He asked sitting in front of me. I rolled my eyes and inhaled deeply.
"No. This is for you it will help you train?"
"Are you kidding how will I train with playing chess." He kept grinning at me.
"Foxes use their mind more than their body now shut up and play." And I was right he was faster a lot faster than me and the longest it took hime to make a move was just 10 seconds. He sure was winning and he saw through all my moves.
"Checkmate." Stiles said smirking at me.
"One more." I said placing the figurines back on their positions. We played twice more and every time he was faster and I lost twice more.
"What were you dreaming of?" My eyes searched for his that were clearly looking away from mine. He shook his head.
"Stiles" I raised my eyebrows.
"Okay fine I dreamed I stood in front of this tree in the forest. The tree I used to go to when I was a child. And you were there. All of a sudden I forced my claws into your chest. That's it." His face went dark. The chest pains last night were from his dreams and now I know why his dreams put him in such pain. He can feel it physically.

I placed about 5 books in front of him. He looked at me with horror on his gold eyes.
"So you don't get bored." I said sarcastically. His eyes followed me to the doors.
"Where are you going?" He asked.
"The store. And you should call your father."

I stood in the middle of the forest. Waiting for them I knew they would come sooner or later. I heard the leafs crunch behind me. I turned around facing the glowing eyes.
"You can hide the claws I'm just here to talk." I said as they both retracted their claws and and turning their eyes back to the hazel and dark brown colours.
"Well, well does Derek Hale need our help?" Harland said smirking at me.
"Can you please for once keep your snarky comments to yourself." She looked at me narrowing her eyes.
"What can you tell me about creating bonds?" Harland and Reed exchanged a look that made me know what they'll tell me something I didn't want to hear.
"Bonds are created when a fox finds someone mostly another fox that connects with them. You can't pick your bond it just happens."
"How do they find that out?" I asked them crossing my arms on my chest. They kept exchanging looks like they were waiting for the others approval.
"In dreams mostly. The thing is the other person can feel it when it happens it's like a rush of adrenalin." This time Reed answered my question.
"What if the dream is not pleasant?"
"It means the fox is afraid of having a bond with the other person. He's probably afraid of rejection." The last part struck me. She knew what I was thinking and feeling.
"Thanks" I said moving my frozen body. He was afraid of having a connection with me. He didn't want me.

I placed the box of cereal on the counter.
"You only bought a box of cereal and it took you more than half an hour." He growled at me as I only shrugged my shoulders.
"I told the pack to come over later. I have to tell them." He turned away from me. I didn't really cared about it I mean he had to tell Scott sooner or later I was more impressed by the stack of books that were lying on the table. His powers must have started kicking in which was a good and a bad thing.

When the pack arrived they all sat around the couch.
"Stiles why are you wearing sunglasses in doors?" Isaac asked smirking at him.
"Says the person wearing freaking scarfs." Stiles said in defense.
"There's something I have to tell you guys." Stiles slowly removed the sunglasses exposing his gold eyes. Everyone was taken back by it. Stiles slowly started explaining everything he knew including the fact he has to stay here until his eye color returns. They all looked confused and concerned. Scott was the first one to respond. He gave his best friend a hug as a welcome to the supernatural well as he wasn't already close to the weird stuff.

We sat at the table in silence both stuffing our faces with the spaghetti. At one point I looked at Stiles whose face was deep into the almost empty plate. The sight off him and the tomato sauce across his face brought a smile to my face.
"What is it?"
"You've got a little something" I said pointing to his face. I grabbed a napkin and cleaned him around his lips. He looked at me weirdly.
"Did you just do the mom thing?" He asked. I felt my face heat up quickly turning away from him and finishing up my dinner.