Chapter 21.

Stiles slowly opened his eyes, fllutering his eyelashes against the harsh bright light. He started lifting himself to sit up as he felt a gentle touch on his shoulder; he stopped moving and looked to his left, his father's face was completely pale and exhausted. The wrinkles around his eyes were more visible.
"What happened?" Asked Stiles with a shaky voice
"It's okay son, you're okay now"

Stiles tried to remember everything that happened but his memories were all blurry and mixed up. He slowly laid down resting his head on his pillow that his father brought to him. He shut his eyes and drifted to sleep.

The house that once stood tall in the forest was completely gone, even the last pieces of it were turned into ash. Derek roamed around the scattered pieces and piles of ash searching for perhaps something that survived just like him. He was searching for memories, hoping that not everything was lost.
The house burned down completely after he saved Stiles.
Even though he saved Stiles the guilt and sadness stayed with him; if he was more careful and took better care of Stiles when he needed Derek's help the most he wouldn't be here, Stiles' life wouldn't be in danger. Since the first fire his whole existence was pointless and every morning he woke up he would wish and pray to any being he could think of for the exchange of his pathetic life for the life of his family. And now was no different. Stiles was too good for him. Sometimes he saw his young self in Stiles; energetic, full of life and expectations. But that was the old Derek that didn't exist anymore.
After searching the last remains Derek finalized his decision that was on his mind the whole day.

"Well Stiles I have good news, you can go home today" said Melissa as she was reading his charts.
"That's great thank you" said sheriff Stilinski as he was squeezing his son's shoulder from happiness that he was okay. Stiles lightly curved his lips in a smile but stayed quiet.

Sheriff Stilinski was packing his son's things in the duffle bag, Stiles was sitting on the corner of the bed hugging his pillow. Sheriff Stilinski noticed his son's loss of interest in going home. He sat next to him.
"Hey are you okay?"
"Who visited me in the last five days, I can't remember"
"Well uhmm Scott, Lydia, Allison and Isaac they were here almost all of the time"
"Nobody else?"
"I'm sorry Stiles, I never saw him?" He patted his shoulder and gave him a hand to stand up.

"Hey look at you!" Scott said as he approached his best friend bringing him into a hug. He hugged his best friend tightly resting his chin on Scott's shoulder.
They followed Stiles' dad into the house.
"Wait till you hear what happened in biology today" Scott started telling him about everything that happened in the past week as they entered the house.
Stiles stopped in the doorway and grabbed the keys to his jeep that were hanging on the wall.
"Scott you're gonna tell me everything later but now I need to take care of something"
"Stiles what are you doing? Hey I don't think it's okay for you to drive just yet!" He ran after Stiles stopping in front of Stiles' jeep as he was getting in.
"It won't take me long okay" Stiles said and started the engine.

He drove through this streets a thousand times and every day they looked the same, in the seventeen years he was living here they never changed until today. It seemed like the streets and the houses surrounding him were closing in on him, making him feel anxious. He pulled in to the parking spot and ran inside the building. Stiles pulled open the doors and to his suprise a box was standing in front of him. He moved in and slowly closed the sliding doors.
"Derek!" He could hear sounds coming from upstairs. The apartment was almost completly empty.
Derek came down the spirle stairs carrying a box.
"What are you doing?" Stiles asked before Derek even greeted him.
"What does it look like? I'm moving"
"Why are you moving?" Stiles starrted stuttering.
"It's time for me to finally leave" Derek said as he placed the box on top of the other one.
"And you didn't even mentioned it to me? What is going on Derek?" Stiles' eyes started filling with tears.
"I'm sorry but this is for the better. I never ment to hurt you"
"What are you even talking about Derek? Is this some kind of a joke?" Stiles was frantic, he kept pulling his fingers through his hair.
"Stiles I'm sorry but I can't stay. You almost got killed"
"What are you even talking about? If anything it's my fault for everything, if it wasn't for me Scott wouldn't get bitten"
Stiles stop!" Derek raised his voice and moved away from Stiles walking towards the window, placing his hands on the back of his head.
"My life sucked even before that"
"Derek please" Stiles whimpered with tears running down his cheeks.
"Stiles I'm sorry but I can't ruin your life too" Derek walked closer to Stiles and picked the two boxes that were next to him. He placed a soft kiss on Stiles' forehead

                              "Goodbye Stiles"

Stiles stood frozen, he wanted to run after him and stop him but he felt weak. His knees were shaky. All he wanted too do was to weak up from this nightmare, but he didn't he still stood in the empty apartment of the person he loved the most and he could still feel his ghost linger in the air around him. He will forever love him even if he left him, because after all Derek was the only person that made him feel whole.

--------------------------------------------------
Sorry it took me so long too finish this story I just didn't know how to end it but this is it. I'm actually planning on writing a sequel and I hope you're not too disappointed in the ending. Thank you for all the votes and comments I really appreciate it and I'm so happy you took time to even read it, thank you so so much for everything :)
Also please tell me if you even want the sequel so I can so I can start publishing it soon