Chapter 14.

Derek

I pushed pass Scott as he unlocked the steel door. He was lying on the floor and I barely heard his heart beat. I rushed to his side placing my shaky hands on his cold sunken cheeks. He was unconscious and his skin was cold like ice.I slid my arms under him lifting his body of the ground. We rushed through the hallway with Stiles in my arms his head was leaning against my chest.
"What do we do?" Scott asked looking from Stiles back to me. I know what he wanted to do. Get payback. But there was no time now with Stiles' life hanging on a tread.
"We have to get him to the hospital." I replayed and Isaac pushed open the doors leting me go first. Allison, Lydia, Harland and Reed were still by the entrance where they stayed behind. The hunters were lying on the ground probably dead. When they saw us a loud yelp escaped Lydias lips and placed the palm of her hand over them at the sight of Stiles being drained of all his life. We rushed to the car. I placed Stiles on the passangers sit and Scott sat on the back seat.
"We'll meet you there" Allison said as I drove off.

Melissa's eyes widened in shock as i placed Stiles on the bed. The doctor started yelling something to the nurse next to him and in a blink of an eye they were gone.
"What happened?" She asked when she finally came back from the state of shock. Scott started explaining to her in a hushed voice so the others wouldnt hear. Melissa noded her head and pursed her lips.
"Okay you two come with me"

We were standing infront of the door with the small window from where we observed the happening in the room. The doctors and nurses rushing around him connecting and disconnecting the tubes from his body. The biping of the four different monitors surrounding him. That's when fear kicked in. The fear i didn't feel the first time i layed my eyes on him in the factory. That was adrenalin blocking my actual feelings.
"The amount of blood he lost put him in a hypovolemic shock" Melissa said snapping me out of my dazed thoughts.
"This people actually 'stole' his blood" she said more to her self than me and Scott.
"What will they do to him?" Scott asked.
"He will need blood transfusion. The doctors are working on that now" She replied.
"Where is he?" A man was asking a nurse loudly bringing all the attention to them. It was sheriff Stilinski. Melissa placed a hand before Scott as in to say 'i'll handle this'
"Where's my son?Where's Stiles?" Sheriff Stilinski asked again when Melissa came up to him.

"I'm sorry" were the first words i said since we arrived her. Sheriff Stilinski and Scott both looked up from their hands and landed on me. I didn't turned to them but continued with my gaze on the scratch on the floor.
"I said I would keep him safe. And I failed" Nobody said a word so I continued with my apology that probably meant nothing. It's too late now.
"I made a mistake and now Stiles is the one suffering" a cold hand was placed on my shoulder. I looked at sheriff Stilinski whos lips were tuging at a slight smile at the corners.
"It's okay son. He'll pull through" His generosity suprised me. My first thought was he would shoot me right here. His hand sliped of my shoulder when the doctor came out of the room.
"Mr. Stilinski?" He asked and the sheriff got out of his seat.
"He is still unconscious but he will pull through. You can go in now." The doctor said.

After sheriff Stilinski left and Scott fell asleep on the waiting chair I went inside Stiles' room to be with him during the night. I sat on the chair next to his bed. I reached out for his hand intertwining our fingers. I brought his hand closer to my lips placing a soft kiss on his cold fingers.
"I'm sorry Stiles. I hope you can find it in you to forgive me but even if you dont I will understend" I looked around the room a bit and my eyes landed on the fresh lilies that stood on the nightstand next to me. They were from Lydia. She brought them when Allison and her came to visit him. Her small gesture had a bigger meaning.
"You are going to be okay. Lydia knows it" I said before I drifted of into slumber.

A slight shake of my shoulder woke me up. At first i thought it was Stiles but to my suprise it wasn't him. Harland took her hand of my shoulder an tucked it in her pocket.
"Hey"
"Hi"
Harland cleared her throat breaking the akward silence that was filling the room.
"So how is he?"
"The doctor said he's going to pull through"
"Good" She started shuffling through her pocket.
"There's something I came to tell you"
I looked at her for the first time since she woke me up.
"Me and Reed are going somewhere else. It's too dangerous for us to stay here" At first her words angered me. How could they leave at a time like this? But then I undersud their decision. Well it probably wasn't much of a decision. They can become the hunters' next target.
"But before we go I went back to the factory and well I think I found something that might help you find the one who did this to Stiles" She pulled out a pieces of paper and handed it to me. I took it from her with my other hand the other one was still holding Stiles hand. When I folded it open inside was a symbol drawn on.
"I thought it might help I found it on the other hunters" She repeated her words
"Thank you" I said.
When Harland left I looked back at Stiles who was still unconscious and too Lydia's flowers. A squize of my hand sent blood rushing through my veins.
"Stiles?"