07

Tania Brooks | Nia

Daya just a lil stupid bitch, period. Point blank period, no ifs ands or buts. But anywas, had to get that across.

"Giaaa !" I yelled

I heard her feet scurrying and then she finally appeared in my doorway.

"Can you hand me my laptop ?" I pointed over to it on the dresser

She stale faced me making me laugh. Gia is really a character if you spend a whole day with her. She sat my laptop in front of me and sat on the side of me.

"What you doing ?" She questioned as I opened it up

"About check out some college campuses" I answered

I had gotten a few acceptance letters from a few of my few colleges that I had interest in. Florida State, Texas A&M, and North Carolina were my top three and I got acceptance letters from all three. The hard part was choosing which one.

"Why don't you stay here with me and mommy ?"

"Because I gotta go chase my soccer dream and play soccer, you wanna see me on TV don't you ?"

"Yeah, but then I'll be all sad" She pouted "You won't be here with me anymore"

"I promise I'll FaceTime you and make some time to see you" I said grabbing her cheeks flapping them making an obnoxious noise

"Promise" She held up her small pinky

"I promise and cross my heart to die" I smiled goofily wrapping my pinky around hers

"You're the best sister ever" She smiled jumping on me

"Girl, I know" I flipped my hair

"Don't get cocky" She wrinkled up her face

"It ain't cocky if you know you the shit" I said as I typed in Texas A&M "Oh shit, Gia don't curse"

"You said it again"

"Curse words are bad, well I don't give a fuck if you say it. Just don't say it around your mama or Daya them"

"Alright" She nodded "What's in your hair ?"

I felt the top of my hair thinking she was talking about a bug or some shit, but it was just my bantu knots.

"Bantu knots, girl I thought a bug was in my hair"

"They look like lil roaches"

"Gia quit playing with me"

As I looked at each campus, I made sure I had Gia's input too. She might as well help me since she is in the room with me. We finally settled on Texas A&M and a flight back home would only be 2, close to 3 hours.

They soccer team had attracted me to the school even more and a number of players had gon' pro. My biggest dream would be able to play on TV for everyone, even my mama who supposed to be dead.

Gia had a play date with a few kids down the street so she left with them. I closed my laptop and sat it on the dresser. I felt like visiting King today, so I got dressed in a washed out blue shirt, some regular jeans with small rips on thighs, and my black Sky-Hi vans.