Chapter Eleven - Barry

Caitlin stepped back from the scarlet speedster, sighing. "Your arm isn't too badly injured. There's only a small fracture. It should be healed within a few hours. Just don't use it too much and keep it in that sling," she told him.

Barry nodded. He was out of the supersuit, now wearing jeans and a tee shirt with nothing concealing his face. He wasn't too worried about the two teenagers in S.T.A.R. Labs finding out his identity though. Percy was in their med bay, unconscious. When Joe and Annabeth had brought him in, they'd all been worried for the kid, even while Annabeth assured them that he was fine, just exhausted from the fight, his injuries, and using his powers. Caitlin had looked over the guy before Barry, then Annabeth, who wasn't as beat up or sooty as her boyfriend. As of twenty minutes ago, Joe had led her outside, where she'd requested to go for some reason.

That left Cisco watching over Percy until he woke up, and Caitlin and Barry together in the treadmill room, which they had locked the door to. They'd gone in for precaution, just to be sure that Annabeth or Percy, by some off chance, didn't see who the Flash was. It worked fairly well. They'd run tests on Professor Stein and Ronnie when they'd first found them in here after all. It was definitely a usable area for one of Barry's routine check-ups and fix-ups.

"Your face is a little red, but it's not burned and should fade, now that you're away from heat," Caitlin continued, telling him his condition. "You got a few bruises, probably from the ceiling collapse or car part that bounced off you. Other than those and your fracture, you're fine."

He and Percy were almost even then. Almost. The teenager also had an injured arm. Thankfully, they were closed fractures. Unfortunately, it was 'fractures.' Plural. It could've been worse. His whole arm could've been dust. Instead, he had two breaks in his forearm. He also had a few first degree burns. When Caitlin had announced this, she'd sounded puzzled. Percy hadn't had any protection from the fire and hadn't been going in and out of it as fast as Barry had been. They should've been worse. Cisco had proposed that maybe his water powers had something to do with it. Annabeth had already left, so they hadn't been able to confirm it with her, if she knew.

Caitlin began putting equipment away to the best of her abilities. Part of Barry knew he should probably get up and help, but there wasn't that much and he was thinking over what had happened. He was broken out of his thoughts by Caitlin's question, "So, what now?"

"Annabeth said they weren't metahumans," Barry explained, which didn't really answer her question, but it was the first thing he thought of to say.

Caitlin paused, turning to look at him. "They?"

Barry nodded. "They. Both of them."

A curious, but confused expression crossed the doctor's face. "Well, then what are they?" She asked.

"Don't know," Barry told her, unable to supply a real answer. He sighed, "Before they could say anything else, the metahuman showed up." Another metahuman that wanted revenge. Really, Barry wondered, why did they always have to want revenge or use their power for crime? And what had Percy and Annabeth done that called for revenge?

Voicing some of his thoughts aloud, Barry told his friend, "She targeted Annabeth and Percy specifically. She did something at the hotel... Caused a kitchen fire." He couldn't help being vague with how she did it. He didn't how she had. "She knew they were staying there, somehow, and decided to try to eliminate them by destroying the building."

Caitlin crossed her arms while she listened, a stance she often took up when talking about things like this. Seeing a frown appear on her lips, Barry knew that she'd come to the conclusion he had before she said it. "They were staying at the hotel... They were visiting?" He didn't reply, knowing that she was about to start thinking out loud. "That would mean they're not from Central City, which in turns means it's possible they weren't in town when the particle accelerator exploded."