Chapter Thirteen - Percy

The place was big. Even with the tour, Percy guessed that it'd take him a few times getting lost before he finally remembered where everything was. When they'd first arrived in Central City and Paul had said he'd wanted to see S.T.A.R. Labs, Percy doubted it'd ever occurred to him that they could live there. Until Kayla was taken care of, at least.

He still wasn't sure how he felt about the situation. Yeah, she should probably be locked up and restrained, and yeah, she did try to kill him and Annabeth, which he could do without. Like, seriously, being demigods was hard enough when bloodthirsty monsters were constantly after you. It was worse for Percy, since his scent was stronger, being the son of Poseidon and all. (Really, he often wondered if there were more cons then pros to that.) Not to mention the long list of gods and deities he's gotten on the bad side of over the years. He didn't need a revenge hungry metahuman demigod on his case too. Yet, he could understand why Kayla wanted to get back at them so badly. Didn't mean he agreed with it though. Kill both him and Annabeth? He liked being alive, thanks.

Internally groaning, Percy fiddled with his pen as he walked through the halls of S.T.A.R. Labs, turning it over in his fingers. Believe it or not, he was bored. Caitlin, after giving him stern instructions to not use his bad arm, had gone out to shop for clothes for him and Annabeth, since what they had brought was most likely ashes on the burnt hotel floor. Annabeth had tagged along, also giving him instructions. "Don't be stupid." (Honestly, he couldn't blame her for telling him that. He'd still rolled his eyes though.) Joe, Mr. West, had left to do police work, probably something to do with the metahuman attack, and brought Barry with him. (How had the guy's arm healed in just an hour? That was not fair, Percy couldn't help but think.) That left him and Cisco alone in the building. The engineer had gone off somewhere to try to dig up more info on Kayla, after Percy had supplied her name, so they could find a way to take her down.

Which left Percy alone and bored.

He considered practicing with Riptide some, both as a reprieve from boredom and a distraction, since it was his left arm that was broken and not his right. He dismissed the idea after a minute. They didn't exactly have an arena for him to train in. He doubted Cisco would appreciate him playing with their water after breaking their sink, which he'd noticed had been fixed. Maybe he could try contacting his mom again? Too risky, he silently shot that idea down. He and Annabeth had already tried calling his mother, only to receive voicemail. He didn't want to risk another call, not so soon after the last one. That'd only attract unwanted attention from things that would try to kill him, which - again - he could really do without.

I'll go outside, he decided as an elevator came into view. The fresh air would be nice. Dr. Snow didn't have him on house arrest, so as long he didn't bother his bad arm, he'd fine. Probably.

He pushed the button to summon the machine with his disguised weapon before going back to spinning it in his fingers. He shifted on his feet while he waited. Staying still wasn't really his thing. Back at school, he'd had many teachers comment on how it was apparently impossible for him to be still and quiet during class. His mom had reminded the school of his ADHD in reply, then asked him at home to try to not drive his teachers insane. How Annabeth managed to sit through the school day and stay focused, he had no idea.

Hearing the ding that announced the elevator had arrived, he looked at the doors as they opened and went to step inside, only to nearly crash into a woman who was coming out. Thankfully, they'd quickly noticed one another and prevented the collision, Percy taking a step back and the woman stilling, stopping herself inside the elevator. Surprise was written clearly across her face, her chocolate eyes wide. Percy was surprised too. He hadn't been expecting anyone to be coming down. Barry and Joe had warned them that they could be a bit before taking off. It'd been ten minutes since Annabeth and Caitlin had left, and he wasn't expecting them back for at least half an hour. So seeing someone inside the elevator caught him off guard.