Chapter Nineteen - Barry

Barry probably would've slept past noon the next day if he could've. Instead, he rolled out of bed early, groaning and definitely not wanting to get up. Caffeine. Caffeine was needed. Lots of it.

After getting dressed, he raced to Jitters to grab a few coffees, before going to the Labs. He walked into the Cortex, greeted with the sight of Caitlin typing away at a computer. When his friend heard the meta come in, she looked over her shoulder at him and smiled. "Hey," she greeted.

"Hey," he replied, setting down the drink holder next to her keyboard. While she selected her drink, he asked, "Have you been here long?"

Caitlin shook her head. "Not really. I got here a few minutes ago. I doubt Cisco's even out of bed yet."

Barry wouldn't blame him.

Taking his coffee out of the holder, he tested how hot it was before deciding to wait a minute, so he didn't horribly burn his tongue. "Have you seen Percy or Annabeth yet today?"

"Not yet," she told him. She glanced back towards the hallway that led out of the Cortex. "I hope they slept okay."

Barry nodded. "Me too."

Hearing footsteps, he looked at the hallway and frowned. Following his gaze, Caitlin said, "I'll be surprised if that's Cisco."

They watched as whoever was coming rounded the corner. It was Percy and Annabeth, each of them carrying a bag of McDonald's. They'd been talking to each other, but when they neared, they looked at Barry and Caitlin. "Morning," Percy greeted.

"Uh, morning," Barry returned the greeting.

"Whatcha got there?" Caitlin asked, nodding slightly towards their McDonald's bags.

Percy grinned slightly. "A whole lot of hash browns," the teenager answered. "And McMuffins. Mainly hash browns."

Barry held in a laugh as Annabeth shook her head. "That is in no way a healthy breakfast," she told her boyfriend, who couldn't seem to care less.

"Hey, we got McMuffins too," he pointed out. "Besides, this is McDonald's." The demigod looked over at them. "If you guys are hungry, we probably have too much for us."

"What he means," Annabeth corrected, "is that I'm not letting him eat all of the hash browns."

She walked over and set her bag of food down on the end of the white island. Barry accepted a McMuffin, then passed another one to Caitlin. "How'd you two sleep last night?" She asked, looking up from her McMuffin to turn her attention to the teens. "Okay, I hope?"

Before either of the demigods could answer, there was a cry of, "Is that breakfast I smell?" Cisco seemed to appear almost out of nowhere and went straight to the hash browns. "Oh, this is awesome."

Caitlin cocked an eyebrow, but was amused overall as she watched Cisco practically eat half a hash brown in one bite. "Good morning to you, too," she told him. Cisco replied with a large, closed lips smile before finishing what food was in his mouth and eating the rest of the hash brown.

Grinning, Barry watched the engineer as he reached for another hash brown. "I guess you're not the only one who likes hash browns, Percy," he noted, before taking a bite of his McMuffin.

"Is that who I have to thank for these?" Cisco said. When Barry nodded, he looked over at the son of Poseidon, pointed a hash brown at him, and said, "Thank you."

Percy lowered a half eaten McMuffin and looked at Annabeth, flashing a smirk. "Aren't you happy we got hash browns now?"

Annabeth rolled her eyes. "Eat your muffin, Percy."

Percy's smirk grew, but he took another bite of his McMuffin.

"So," Cisco said after swallowing part of a hash brown, "anything happen this morning?"

Barry shook his head, crumpling his McMuffin wrapper, now done with that part of his breakfast. He'd probably eat one of the special calorie bars Cisco made for him later. "There's been nothing," he answered.

"Well, that's good. No metahuman attacks then," Cisco said before eating more of his fast food meal.

"Yeah, but we still don't know where to find Percy's parents or Kayla," Caitlin pointed out.

"Actually..." Drawing their attention to her, Annabeth waited until they were looking before saying, "we may have a lead on that."

Barry's eyebrows scrunched together slightly while Caitlin asked, "I thought you slept last night?"

"We did," Percy confirmed, earning confused and uncertain looks. He didn't see them though, his attention on Annabeth instead, a faint frown on his lips.

Annabeth stepped in, explaining, "When demigods have dreams, they have meaning. It may not always seem like much, but they carry messages, warnings. Sometimes the gods contact us while we're asleep. Sometimes we learn when an attack is going to happen."

Barry frowned at her. "You had a dream last night..."

"What was in it?" Caitlin asked, asking his question for him.

Annabeth pressed her lips together for a second before answering. "The place was beat up and in bad condition. It wasn't in the city. If it hadn't been partially destroyed, it might've been a farmhouse."

Barry's frown deepened as he thought, something tickling the back of his mind. "Annabeth," he said after a minute. He looked over at her, "Would you have said it looked like it was destroyed... by a tornado?"

He felt Cisco and Caitlin staring at him, but ignored it for now. Annabeth was still for a moment before she nodded. "Probably," she answered.

He turned, waking up one of the computers on the island. He didn't explain his actions as he navigated to what he wanted, pulling up a picture. "Was it this place?"

Annabeth walked over and studied it, staring at the picture. "Yeah," she breathed. "Yes, that's it." She looked at him. "What is that place?"

"It's where I defeated one of the first metahumans we encountered," Barry answered, straightening and crossing his arms. "He had-"

"Weather powers," Cisco finished. "Clyde Mardon." Barry nodded, knowing his friends had caught on. Cisco breathed in through his nose, then out. "Wow, it's been a while." Again Barry nodded. How long had it been since that night? A year? Two?

Caitlin looked at the blonde girl. "Do you know why you saw that place? Was there anything else in your dream?"

Annabeth shook her head. "No, and I have ideas, but i'm not sure if they're right. It could be where Kayla is, or where she's keeping Sally and Paul."

"We'll check it out." Barry looked over at Percy. "How's your arm?" He asked.

"Nearly healed," he answered.

Barry nodded. "I'll call Joe and Iris, let them know what's going on. You two get ready to go. We'll head out in an hour."

************

A/N: Look at that! I didn't take a month to update! HOORAY! In other news, I was screaming at the end of the newest Flash episode. Because those writers are really good at cliffhangers. So much was set up. One main thing comes to mind... Hopefully we'll see it addressed in the next episode. (Which, from the look of the stills and trailer, will hurt me very much.)

Well, that's all for now! See ya next time, metahumans and demigods! BYE!