2: First Day

"Move over, you slow bitch."

"Eh gago ka pala eh! Ikaw tong babanggan sa'kin tapos ikaw tong-- HOY BUMALIK KA DITO!"

"Here, let me help you..."

The girl with the short curled hair looked behind her at nakita si Karylle na pinupulot ang mga nahulog nitong gamit mula sa bag nya.

"Oh thank you." sabi nito at tinanggap yung mga napulot ni Karylle.

"Wait, you're starting your internship here today too?"

"Huh? Paano mo nalaman?" Confused na tanong ng babae at binigyan ng weird look si Karylle.

"ID." sabi ni Karylle at tinuro yung ID nung babae na nag hahang out sa may bag nito.

"Oh... Yes. Ikaw rin?"

"Yeah... I'm Karylle."

"Okay, let's walk and talk, ayokong mapagalitan sa first day..." Karylle agreed at nag chuckle sila pareho.

"Thanks for helping me out pala kanina, my name is Anne."

"No worries, at least may kilala na rin ako dito sa hospital."

"Don't worry girl, wala rin akong kakilala dito, all my medschool friends decided to do their internship somewhere else, ako lang ata ang nandito sa Vidanes Memorial. Ikaw ba?"

"Wala rin, I did most of my studying sa States, I only moved back here dahil inofferan ako ng internship dito, but in return they wanted me to come and do a year of medschool sa college nila. So that's how I ended up here."

"Nice naman, sa American girl ka pala." sabi ni Anne at parang impressed talaga.

"I think this is the locker room?" Sabi ni Karylle kaya naman tumigil silang dalawa para mag look around to see any other new interns.

"That girl looks new and confused, let's follow her." sabi ni Anne at sinundan papasok ng locker room yung babae.

When they entered the locker room, they were surprised by the amount of women that were in there already. Yung majority ay nakasuot na ng light blue scrubs at ready na for the start of their day. Anne and Karylle made their way through the crowd of women at naghanap ng lockers nila.

"So sino ang resident slash mentor mo?" Tanong ni Anne habang nag bibihis sila.

"Dr. Abad."

"OH I'M SO HAPPY!"

"What, why?"

"Kasi may karamay na ako kay Dr Terror."

"Is she that bad?"

"Worse, apparently she failed 4 out of 5 of her interns last year just because they failed to explain to her the steps of doing a cholecystectomy... Yun, they all left."

"Gee, thanks for the heads up."

"But we'll be fine, as long as we have each other's backs." Anne winked bago tinali ang hair nya.

Karylle finished brushing her hair at tumango kay Anne.

"Let's do this."

--

"There's no need to introduce myself, if you're my interns then I really hope that you know me by now. I will be your resident for the year that you are all interns... As you know, by the end of each year, Vidanes Memorial hires the best of the best, it is a brutal fight to get a job here - so I suggest you work your ass off until it drops. My name is also at stake here, don't make me hate you, you wouldn't want me hating you. Clear?"