Chapter XVI: Sleep-Deprived Mistakes

"Nice to see you too, 'Mona'," remarked Aaron sarcastically.

"Who's Mona?" asked Katelyn.

Arabella was too worn out and didn't want to explain the situation. "I can't be bothered to explain this," she groaned, her face still attached to the table.

"Well, someone needs to tell me," urged Katelyn.

Aaron shrugged. "I'll let her explain."

Arabella's only response was an exasperated sigh.

"Tell me!" exclaimed the ex-member of the Jury of Nine.

"Came back; didn't want to cause panic; pretended to be someone else." Arabella sighed. She refused to pull herself back into a proper seating position.

"Okay, that makes sense," commented Katelyn. "Well, not really, but, okay..."

Arabella heard footsteps walk down the stairs. She still wouldn't have turned her head if Katelyn hadn't said, "Hey, Laurance."

"Hey." Laurance quickly left the room before Arabella could even call for him. She put her head back onto the table in defeat.

"Ugh, this book is getting me nowhere," complained Katelyn.

"You haven't even turned a page," pointed out Aaron. Katelyn rolled her eyes.

Arabella spent most of her day nearly falling asleep on that table, while Katelyn often made snide remarks about her book, and Aaron paced around the room occasionally.

"Arabella, are you sure you don't want to go to your room and sleep?" insisted Katelyn after a while.

"This table is comfier than any bed could ever be," muttered Arabella.

"I highly doubt that," said Katelyn, before Aphmau entered the room along with Laurance.

"We're heading back to Phoenix Drop," she announced. "There's a boat ready for us at the docks. We should head there within ten or so minutes."

"Gotcha." Katelyn finally closed the book that she hadn't been reading. Aaron nodded. There was no response from Arabella.

Everyone started clearing their rooms and packing up, before finally heading to the docks.

The rest of the group were waiting on the boat while Aphmau said her goodbyes to Nicole. Katelyn was ecstatic to be going back, Aaron was as nonchalant as always, and Laurance was keeping his distance away from Arabella like she had requested in her time of bitterness. Arabella didn't like that anymore, but whenever she tried to approach Laurance, he'd quickly walk out of her way and busy himself with something else, so Arabella gave up.

"Thank you so much, Nicole," Aphmau was saying, "for everything." On that note, she made her way onto the boat, and the travellers from Phoenix Drop finally set sail to their home.

~•~

Arabella really should've had slept before getting onto the boat.

It was pretty late at night, and definitely way past midnight. She constantly kept dozing off and waking up in a split second, and it became very annoying. If she kept this up much longer, she was legitimately going to die from lack of sleep.

For a moment, Arabella noticed a flash of blue hair, and she thought she was either hallucination, or it was Katelyn. However, the colour was much darker than Katelyn's hair, so she mumbled, "What?"

However, after a few seconds, a child-like figure sheepishly crept out. "Uh, hi."

"Dmitri?" Arabella sleepily muttered.